2.6

Abeeda was too happy. Pregnant! She was pregnant. She had a baby in her. Hers and Danish's baby.

She bit her lip shyly as she entered her home. Her mother was sitting in the living room cutting vegetables when she entered.

"Kaha gyi thi? Aaj toh work from home tha na tera?"

"Wo mai doctor ke paas gyi thi. Aap nanijaan banne wale ho ammi."

She spoke out lowering her lashes in shyness and her mother sprang up in happiness.

"Alhamdulillah! Khush raho! Allah tumhe aur tumhari aulad ko sehad bakshe!"

She said blowing duas over her making her giggle.

"Danish ko bataya?"

"Nhi! Abhi nhi. Unke aane ke baad bataungi."

She went to her room and stood in front of the mirror. The smile was not leaving her face. She was going to be a mother. Someone would call her ammi. The thought itself was so overwhelming.

Danish returned home in the evening and was surprised to see the condition of their bed. There were cushions and pillows all around. A small table kept on the blanket where a laptop was placed.

"Ye sab kya hai? Kuch khaas hai kya aaj?"

He asked Abeeda who was looking like someone had switched on a light bulb on her face. Such was the noor on her face.

"Jee! Bhut khaas. Isliye maine hamare liye movie night arrange kri hai."

"Aaj aapka birthday toh nhi hai. Toh phir kya hai?"

She walked to him and started loosening his tie making him more confused.

"Aap abbu banne wale hai."

She whispered and his frown slowly changed into a full blown smile.

"Sach?"

She nodded and he kissed her head multiple times muttering 'Alhamdullilah!' over and over. He blew duas over her and her belly. He then kissed her head and her belly making her giggle.

He joined his forehead to hers and smiled through his tears.

"I can't believe this Abeeda. Hum parents banne wale hai."

He whispered and they stood like that. Kissing her head once more he moved back.

"Mai fresh hokar aata hu. And then I'll join you for the movie."

She nodded and he quickly rushed to the washroom making her smile.

Abeeda was in her ninth month and was sitting on the bed admiring her husband who was typing something on his laptop. He looked hot when concentrated on something.

"Danish?"

He hummed and she asked.

"Aapko pehle kya chahiye? Beta ya beti?"

Danish stopped typing and thought for a moment. He then turned to her with a smile.

"Jo bhi ho bas aap aur baby dono healthy rahe."

Abeeda pouted. She didn't want a diplomatic answer.

"Phir bhi! Kuch toh hoga na mann mai. Jaise mujhe pehla beta chahiye. Aapko pehle kya chahiye?"

"Kaun baap beti nhi chahta? Mujhe bhi ek chhoti se shehzaadi chahiye. Lekin usse pehle mai chahta hu ki beta ho. Jisse jab meri shehzaadi aaye tab mera shehzaada uski hifazat ke liye ready ho."

Abeeda smiled satisfied at the answer. His words made her emotional all of a sudden and she cupped his face looking at him with tears shining in her eyes.

She placed a soft kiss on his forehead and he looked at her confused.

"Ye kyu?"

"Aise hi!"

She said and smiled widely.

Abeeda was craving his touch now. It had been more than 7 months that he'd touched her let alone make love to her.

Danish too although appeared unaffected was craving her. But somewhere in his mind it was wrong.

Abeeda was near her due date and would deliver anytime. When she started feeling contractions Danish took her to the hospital.

The doctor advised him to admit her for a safer side as she was due anytime now. He stayed the night in the hospital with her and that very night his son made entry into the world.

Danish couldn't stop his tears from flowing down when he held his son for the first time.

"Mera shehzaada!"

He whispered and kissed his little head softly. Hugging the baby to his heart he rocked his back and forth.

When Abeeda woke up after a tiring delivery she saw her husband sitting with her son in his arms.

"Danish?"

He stood up and walked to her. He bent to her level and placed their son beside her.

"Dekhiye Abeeda! Hamara shehzaada! Shukriya!"

He whispered kissing her head and she felt tears pool her eyes seeing the little human they created.

"I-I can't believe he is our son."

She whispered and held his hand kissing his little fingers softly.

Two days later the two were finally discharged after all the checkups and Abeeda and the little one were welcomed warmly.

She was resting with her son laid beside her when Danish entered their room. He smiled seeing them and laid beside them on the other side of his son.

"Aapne koi naam socha hai?"

Abeeda asked and Danish looked at her.

"Umm-haan. Socha toh tha."

He said nervously and she smiled.

"Kya?"

"Umm-wo mai soch rha hai Shehryar kaise rahega? Agar aapke mann mai koi aur naam hai toh-"

He started ranting but was cut off her by soft voice.

"Ma sha Allah! Behad khubsurat naam hai. Shehryar! Hamara shehzaada Shehryar."

She whispered kissing her baby's hand and smiled warmly at Danish making him smile whole heartedly.

He laid on his back with a content smile on his face.

The next morning they told the name they finalised to everyone. Her mother read prayers and blowed duas over her grandson.

Shehryar was very loved and pampered and the little one surely enjoyed the attention and love that he recieved.

He was the most happiest with his nanajaan. He loved the stomach tickles he gave him.

Abeeda felt content seeing her baby happy and healthy. But something was missing. She craved her husband's love. She craved Danish's love. Would he ever be able to love her wholeheartedly?
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️