SANGEET

Hello dear Readers

Don't forget to vote, comments and share.

Happy reading 🤎

*****************************
Prartha vasudevan Achar

"Cardiac arrest!" nurse announced loudly, i immediately rushed towards patient, general surgeon moved aside and gave me space. "Get defibrillator ready" i said and did chest compressions to patient, "please, please,please" I kept chanting in mind and asked for defibrillator "shoot" i announced, pressed it against patient's chest. Then i started compressions again,"increase joules" I shouted at nurse. We reached till two hundred joules but patient's heart beat didn't stabled, it kept dropping.

"Infant's bp is dropping" gynac announced,"Dr. Raichand, it's either baby or mother. We can't save them both" "proced with baby" Dev said and moved towards me while gynac tried get baby out ,we both gave CPR .

"Baby's heart had stopped sir!" and Dev moved towards baby after few minutes he came back and shook his head as no. Nurse announced babies death time, i was still giving compressions to patient "please, please, please, please" i kept chanting and kept pressing my hands on patient's chest. Suddenly a from muffled korotkoff sound to silence occupied in room. I saw vital sign monitor showing a diastolic pressured straight line indicating patient's death.

Nurse started to announced death time "No!! She's not dead" and continued with compressions, Dev grabbed my hand ,i looked at him. His eyes were filled with tears ,he shook his as no "She's no more" his voice was broke, i shook my head as no and tried giving compressions, Dev dragged me away from patient, i was crying mess because me and Dev lost our friend. We both lost our freinds with whom we shared stressful medico life,enjoyed together for years, studied together. Juniors closed the surgery and informed families.

I was in funeral ,Sneha's mother pushed me ,cursed at me ,Deeraj's father threatened us that he will put us in jail for killing his son and grandchild. Sneha's maa throwed whatever she got in her hands" you can't do this"," you don't deserve this", "you don't know the loss i went through"," you don't deserve to be doctor","you are unfit to be doctor, Dr.Prartha vasudevan Achar, you're unfit to be called doctor" .

Most the hatred were thrown towards me,Deeraj's was spot death but then all blamed us ,i turned back and ran out funeral hall,Dev,Vikram, Gautham kept calling my name, I didn't paid heed as i ran out of hall. I was driving in full speed,tears were keep trailing down my eyes and blocking my view. It was early evening, i didn't noticed when it started raining which made me difficult to focus,i was not in my senses. Suddenly i heard a babies cry ,i turned backwards and saw veer and pumpkin were sleeping in back seat,pumpkin woke up and started crying. I heard loud honking sound from frontage,I turned back and saw huge lights nearing me and was about to crash .

"No!!" I startled woke up,i was panting heavily, sweat buds trickling down from face,neck. My whole body is damp wet from sweating, clothes were sticking to my body. I hopped down from bed and ran towards veer's room,it was locked from outside so i went to next room which was pumpkin's ,i barged in and saw him sleeping peacefully on cradle.

I went to pick him up but suddenly snapped out of mind and realized that i haven't washed my hands yet. So i just stood their looking at this tiny little god sent gift to me."Mam?" Caretaker came in." He just slept" she said referring to pumpkin. "Veer?" I asked in my broke,hoarse voice,she looked confused for a second and said"sir went to have lunch" .

"Ohh,okay . "Don't say him i came here" I said and moved out of room. I came back to my room and my sisters waiting there. " Akka where were you?" Shruti shouted "I went to see my son" i said slowly still lost.