Chapter 27: Attached

1 week later, 02:30 PM.

❝ ...

I ʼm coming in hot, no need for introduction, 

Baddest bitch in the game, ainʼt no need for discussion. 

Niggas kiss the ground I step on, that ainʼt no bragging

Just facts, baby, truth hurts, but I keep on bagginʼ. 

As the final beats of my rap echoed in the studio, I slowly took off the headphones, meeting Dannel's eyes.

He signaled for me to leave the room, giving me an affirming smile.

I hung the headphones off the mic stand, and a sense of relief washed over me as I prepared to leave the booth.

"That one is worthy to be on the album," he said, rotating his chair toward me as I opened the door, our eyes meeting in sync as I exited the booth.

I flipped my long sleek hair back, letting out a nervous laugh. 

"It ain't too bad, I mean I liked it too," I said as I approached the coffee table, picking up the glass of water from it.

"I am tired as hell," I mumbled as I settled onto the couch, sipping the water, my gaze fixed on the producer fine-tuning my songs.

"When are you thinking of releasing your first album?" He casually asked, causing a furrow of indecision to crease my brow.

"I don't know, probably when—"

"Hey, y'aaall, I'm baack!" 

My eyebrows shot up as I turned my head to the door, seeing Tee come in after her short dinner break.

Dannel reclined in his chair, taking off his headphones as he glanced at her. 

"We have famous rappers coming to our studio today, I forgot to let y'all know" he spoke, his head resting on the chair, rotating it as his eyes wandered over us.

"Who?" I asked curiously, my brow raising as I folded my arms across my chest, setting the glass of water down. 

"We will have Polo G and Lil Durk over," he responded, a slight smile crossing my face as I realized Durk was going to be here. 

"And King Von might come along, I'm not sure," he added, looking at us, my eyes slightly widening in surprise. 

"OH MA GAWD, YES, YES!" Tee exclaimed, jumping up and down, her face shining with a smile as she clapped her hands. 

"Wow, you seem a lil too excited?" I asked sarcastically, tilting my head as I looked at her.

"Bitch of course Im excited, who wouldnt be? The finest rappers are about to be here, can u believe it?" she exclaimed as she walked up in front of the mirror, a grin beaming on her face. 

Dannel let out a subtle chuckle, shaking his head as he glanced at Tee, who was now busy applying lip gloss.

"They won't be here for too long, I'm not their producer. It's just a one-time thing since they wanted to check my beats out," he said, slightly bending over in his chair and tying his Jordans. 

"Wait, so they finna collab on a song or something? That's why they coming to check yo beats out?" Tee asked, applying mascara to her lashes, squinting her eyes at the mirror as she licked her glossy lips. 

"Yeah, Polo g said he wanted to check me out since I'm, quote unquote, one of the best producers in Atl, and they might have also have a collab," Dannel replied nonchalantly as he rotated in his chair, his eyes zoning out to the floor.