Chapter 11: New Bonds

As the sounds of approaching footsteps echoed through the kitchen, all eyes turned towards the figure drawing closer. My jaw dropped in disbelief as the famous rapper Lil Durk walked in, his expression showing a hint of confusion or disorientation. Destiny, quickly slipped from my grasp and ran towards him, shouting, "Uncle Durk!"

Without any hesitation, Durk scooped up Destiny in his arms, his gaze shifting to a group of scantily dressed girls who were staring at him. Suddenly, Shanice erupted with a resounding tone, singling me out with a pointed gesture. 

"I walked in on this babysitter abusing my daughter!"

I stood there, stunned and at a loss for words, as Shanice's accusation hung in the air.

"What u got goin on now Shanice?" Durk asked, his gaze fixed on her. 

Shanice frowned, about to respond, when a girl in a short, sparkly blue dress walked over to Durk, biting her lip seductively. 

"Did you miss me, baby?" she purred.

Durk took a step back, his expression one of disgust.

"All yall hoes needa leave the house right now before i call in the security" he said with a firm tone, gazing at the girls who were all intensely fixated on him. 

"Except for Shanice and you." he turned to me, and I felt a shiver run down my spine. Lil Durk was looking directly at me with a stern face and I couldn't understand why.

As the wasted women leisurely exited the kitchen while swaying on their feet, the last one bent over in front of Durk, trying to shake her ass.

Durk quickly covered Destiny's eyes and scolded her to leave. The girl awkwardly winked at him and hollered "Call me later, daddy" before clumsily tripping to the ground, hurriedly picking herself up, and making a somewhat embarrassing exit.

Durk shook his head in disappointment and turned to Shanice, who was leaning against the island table. 

"Did you bring all these hoes in here?" he asked, his voice laced with anger.

Shanice rolled her eyes and chewed her gum loudly before nodding her head nonchalantly. 

"She one of em?" Durk asked, pointing his eyes at me.

I furrowed my brow at his abrupt confrontational attitude, my mind scrambling to grasp the situation. With a puzzled expression, I hesitantly spoke  "What?-"

"She's the babysitter" Shanice interrupted, cutting me off. 

"And I walked in on her beating up Destiny" She continued, her voice filled with accusation. 

I froze, my heart racing as I tried to make sense of what was going on. Durk's eyes landed on me and he snapped

"She saying the truth?"

I felt Durk's intense gaze on me as I subtly shook my head, denying the fact that I had laid a finger on Destiny. Shanice abruptly approached me, unleashing a scream in my face and her alcohol scent overwhelmed me once more. 

"Stop lying, hoe. You know damn well you smacked my daughter!"

"How 'bout we let Destiny spill the beans on dis one" Durk's voice sliced through the tension in the room.

My gaze shifted to Destiny, chilling in Durk's arms, completely engrossed in his phone. Durk's hand rested on her back, gently trying to grab her attention.

"Did dis female right here mess wit you, lil' folks?"

Destiny's eyes shot up from the phone, confusion plastered across her face.