Chapter 12: Euphoria

After a few hours of conversing with India, I shared a lot about myself and my background. Trusting people isn't something that comes easily to me, but something about India made me feel she was honest and reliable. While discussing various topics and getting to know each other better, Destiny sat on India's lap, engrossed in playing Roblox on her iPad.

"So, do you plan on moving out of there anytime soon?" India asked, her fingers tapping away on her phone as she sent a quick text to someone.

I let out a small sigh, "I can't. I don't got enough money to move into a better place yet, so I'll have to stay there for a few weeks or months until I'm fully ready."

India acknowledged with a nod, then shifted her gaze elsewhere, contemplating something before asking , "You gonna come to the pool party tomorrow?"

I paused, considering her question before responding, "I might. Von invited me."

India's eyes widened in surprise, "He did!?"

I couldn't help but mirror her expression, "Yeah, I was surprised too. I mean, why would he want me at his private pool party? Like??"

India let out a giggle, covering her mouth with her hands as she said "He definitely feelin' you."

My cheeks flushed with embarrassment, and I quickly grabbed a nearby cushion, using it to cover my face as I exclaimed,  "GIRL, nah uh, WHAT U TALKING ABOUT?"

The idea of someone like King Von liking me triggered wild thoughts and my delusions started to act up, conjuring up images of us having a baby out of nowhere. I quickly pushed those delulu thoughts aside, knowing that they were just my mind playing tricks on me.

But India wasn't convinced and got up, playfully hopping on me and attempting to grab the cushion off my face, insisting, "Girl he feelin u for realll!!!"

"Girl, stop playing with me! Get off me!" I exclaimed, trying to push India off as she persisted in trying to grab the cushion.

She broke into a burst of hearty laughter, stepping back and eventually collapsing onto the couch.

"He don't even mess with nobody like that for real. I ain't seen him invite a girl to a private event in a long time" India shared, a gleaming grin on her face.

Swiftly stashing the cushion away, I found my nails digging into the couch as I glanced down at the floor. My mind was racing with thoughts and doubts, wondering if Von's invitation to a private event was just him just being friendly or not.

"I don't think he likes me, India. It's probably just him being friendly, you know?" I expressed, my voice tinged with uncertainty. I lifted my gaze to meet hers, hoping for some reassurance.

In response, she rolled her eyes and uttered, "Whatever you want it to be.'"

My mind sank into a void, overwhelmed with a multitude of thoughts and imaginings. Setting those contemplations aside, I rose from my seat and asked,

"You wanna make something to eat?"

She effortlessly discarded her phone with a casual toss before releasing Destiny off her lap. As she gracefully stood up, a sense of ease and readiness emanated from her demeanor.

"Yeah, let's make chicken alfredo. Von and Durk gonna be home in a few hours" 

I nodded in agreement as we both headed to the kitchen, leaving Destiny, on the couch. She was engrossed in a game on Roblox, chatting with her friends through voice chat, so I didn't want to interrupt her.

As India and I worked together in the kitchen, chopping vegetables and cooking the pasta, we chatted about everything and anything. 

With each passing conversation, a profound sense of closeness and comfort enveloped me, deepening our connection. The more we talked, the more I felt a growing bond, and an undeniable ease settled between us. It seemed surreal to form a close connection within just a few hours, especially for someone like me, who typically avoids friendships and trusts few. Yet, with her, it felt different.