Chapter 33

Alixa's POV
2 weeks later, Rosaria didn't understand why she couldn't come to the hospital with us.

Since he was the first to hold Rosaria, we agreed that I would be the first to hold Natalia.

"She looks like you."

"HA! Rose looks like you and Talia looks like me. I'm gonna consider that a win."

I chuckled.

"I'll let you have that one."

"You're damn right, you're gonna let me have that one. I've given your ass two daughters now."

"Can I hold her now?"

"Okay. She's a mommy's girl. I'm calling it."

Skylar sat down next to me and I handed Natalia to him.

"Was Rose this tiny?"

"I don't think so."

We didn't really want people walking in and out all day. We just decided to have family time. Just us and the girls.

"Nattie mine?"

"Mhm. She's your sister."

"You need to be careful with her. She can get hurt easily."

"Boo boos?"

I nodded.

"You can get them easily too. You need to be careful too."

"How was your sleepover with grandma?"

"Good."

She was immediately obsessed with her baby sister. My mom had asked to take care of Rosaria for the night. She said she'd stay at our house. It worked out since we felt that Skylar's parents, needed some space.

"I back?"

"Yes princess. Grandma will bring you back tomorrow."

She hugged us and got her goodnight kisses then left.

"I feel so fucking bad."

"Me too. We'll be home in a few days and you'll be with her everyday until you go back to school."

"She doesn't really understand what's going on."

"She might. We don't know that. She doesn't know how to tell us. Did you see how she looked at Talia? She already loves her."

I yawned.

"Guess you're gonna be asleep soon."

"Do you think...she's mad?"

"Why?"

"Because we're not home."

"Okay you need to go to sleep. It's been a long day. You haven't slept much. You're overthinking this. She'll be back tomorrow."

"What if...she can't sleep?"

He took Natalia out of my arms.

"Baby...go to bed. I'm sure...she'll be okay. Your mom'll call if Rosie needs us. Relax."

"I'm sorry."

"Why?"

"I dunno. I just am."

"You need to sleep."

"You're right. I do."

"I've got this for now. Go to bed. Goodnight. I love you."

"I love you too."

He kissed me then watched me try to get comfortable.

"Do you want me to help?"

"Yeah. Can you?"

"Yeah. Let me put Nattie down."

He put Natalia down in her hospital bassinet. He started helping me get comfortable.

"Are you in pain? Do you want me to ask for pain meds for you?"

"I'm good. Thank you."

He laid down next to me. My back was facing him. He slid his hand down the back of my hospital gown. He started scratching my back.