Chapter 24

Skylar's POV
We got home and found River in the dining room. He was working on his homework.

"Where's Code?"

"Taking a nap. How was practice?"

"It was good."

I put Rosaria down. She was still holding the pregnancy test.

"Uncle Rivy!!"

She ran up to him. He looked at her shirt and got confused. He saw the pregnancy test next.

"Woah. I didn't see this coming."

After school the next day, a little boy ran up to Sophie.

"Mamaaaaaa!"

"Guess he's, hers?"

"Guess so."

Skylar took his phone out of his pocket and looked at the time.

"C'mon. We should head home."

We got home and Skylar opened the front door. We heard little footsteps running.

"MAMAAAA! DADDAAAAA!"

Rosaria ran up to us. Skylar put his binders down then crouched down. He scooped her up then stood up. She had tear stains on her face.

"What's wrong?"

"I missed you!"

AWWWWW!!

"Oh?"

She put her head on Skylar's shoulder and nuzzled up against him. I wiped a few tears away.

"It's okay. We're home."

That Saturday, there was another football game. The score wasn't great. We were losing. During halftime, I brought Rosaria over to Skylar.

He clearly wasn't happy. He seemed pissed off.

Don't yell at her!

Please don't scare her!

Instead of yelling at Rosaria, he crouched down and held his arms out. She ran into them and he wrapped his arms around her. He smiled.

Thank god!

Thank fucking god!

He kissed her forehead then scooped her up. I started walking up to them.

She put her head on his shoulder. He pressed his head up against hers and closed his eyes.

"You have no idea...how much...I needed to see you."

"I wuv you!"

"I love you too princess. I love you too."

"Hey baby."

He opened his eyes and he smiled again.

We ended up losing the game. I could sense that him and River were pissed off. I slowly brought Rosaria up to them.

Skylar saw her and handed his football gear to River. He ran up to us.

"Hi princess."

He took her out of my arms and started hugging her. He kissed the side of her head then kissed me.

"I'm so relieved that...you didn't yell at her."

"Why would we yell?"

"You're obviously pissed off."

"It's okay. It's just a game."

Skylar moved hair out of my face. He pressed our foreheads together.

"Let's get home."

                             Skylar's POV
I took a quick shower then River went to take one. I found Alixa and Rosaria in my room. I walked up to the bed and sat down. I grabbed the both of them and pulled them into my arms.

They both nuzzled up against my chest.

"I love you. I love you."

"We love you too. We love you too."

I held the both of them close to me all night. I woke up before them. Alixa's back was facing me. Rosaria was right up against me. She was in my arms. I kissed the top of her head.

I closed my eyes and just snuggled with her. I felt someone kiss my cheek. I opened my eyes and looked around. I didn't see Alixa.

"Hi dadda."

I looked down and saw Rosaria.

"Hey princess. Was that you who just kissed my cheek?"

"Mhm!"

I kissed her cheek.

"Where's mama?"

"Shower!"

"What time is it?"