Chapter 9

Alixa's POV
I was in my room drawing while listening to music when I saw my door open. I paused my music and took my earbuds out.

"Hi mom. What's up? Do you need something?"

"Can you please come with me to get your prescription?"

"Yeah. Of course. What's there?"

"Your Xanax."

"Oh! Finally! My anxiety has been shitty lately. I'm already dressed so let me grab my things. I'll meet you in the living room."

I put my drawing items away then grabbed my phone, wireless earbuds, and mini backpack. I put my phone and headphones in my bag. I put my sneakers on then went to the living room.

We got in my mom's car and she started driving. We got to the store that has the pharmacy, we use. She parked in a spot then we got out. We closed the doors. She locked the car then we went into the store.

A song that I like was playing. I started humming while walking around.

The song playing was "11 minutes" by YUNGBLUD, Halsey, featuring Travis Barker.

The censored version obviously.

I still hummed anything with the work "fuck" in it.

"Hey mom? Can I go get pads really quickly?"

"Of course. Come back when you're done."

I went back to humming then went to get pads. I found the ones, I use and saw they were on sale. I grabbed two packs.

"Perfect. These should last for a while."

I wasn't paying attention to where, I was walking.

"Shit! I am so sorry!"

I looked up and saw who I had bumped into. I had accidentally bumped into Carmella.

"Watch where you're going!"

"I'm sorry. It's totally my fault."

"You're damn right, it's your fault!"

"I wasn't paying attention at all. I have to go. My mom's waiting."

I turned around and ran away. I found my mom and acted like everything was okay. I told her what had happened and said that it wasn't a big deal.

It was simply an accident.

That's it.

I didn't try to fight her or anything.

We got home and I brought the packs of pads to my bathroom. I opened a bottom drawer and opened a pack. I took all of the pads out of that pack then put everything in the drawer. I threw the unopened pack in the cabinet under the sink.

I threw the empty pack out then washed my hands.