Chapter 27

Alixa's POV
I was watching tv when, I saw Rosaria and Skylar walking around.

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah. We're just exploring. She got lost and got scared."

At night, I walked into our room and found him using his phone. I walked up to our bed and plopped down next to Skylar.

"Hey. You okay?"

"No. Not really. Still pretty disappointed in my parents."

"Bolty...it's gonna be okay."

Misty said she'd still watch Rosaria for us. Skylar started putting on an act whenever he was around his parents.

I have no idea if...

He'll ever forgive his parents.

I decided to take a shower after Rosaria went to bed. I was passing Skylar on my way to the bathroom.

I grabbed his arm while walking past him.

"Come with me. We need to talk. You and me. Privately. You're not getting outta this."

"AJ...I'm fine. It's just been a rough month."

We got into our bathroom and I closed the door. I turned the water in the shower on.

"Spill. What's going on?"

"I'm fine."

"Don't lie to me Sky. You know I hate lies. Humor me and get in the shower."

"Okay. Okay. Fine. You win."

We took our clothes off then got in the shower. There's this little corner seat thing. I sat down there. I crossed my arms.

"Baby...I'm okay."

"Skylar Bolt Grier....be honest with me. What is going on?"

"It's just...I-I...I don't know how to live on my own without my parents. That's all. I just...I fucking feel like...they don't give a fuck about us anymore. I feel like...they don't give a fuck about me. That's what's wrong. I-I wasn't even ready to move out."

"Oh. I see what this is. You feel abandoned, don't you?"

"A little bit. I've never been hurt like this."

"Okay. I understand now. You're seeing this as being kicked out."

"Yeah. Basically. What happened to moving out when I'm ready? And they then fucking said shit about you without you being around. It-it's just been all over the fuckin' place."

"Why didn't you tell me this weeks ago?"

"I-I don't know. I feel so fucking betrayed. What the fuck did I ever do to them?"

I got up and walked up to him. I started hugging him.

"I'm uh...gonna wash my hair then I'm getting out. Do you need help first?"

"No. I'm okay. Thank you."

He didn't say anything else. He just washed his hair then got out of the shower.

I started trying to process everything while I was in the shower.

That poor boy.

He kinda has a point though.

We could've probably make everything work.

They just didn't want to try.

He's right about something else too.

They shouldn't have talked shit about me without me being part of the conversation.

I got out of the shower then got dressed. I left the bathroom to check on Skylar. He was actually sleeping. I got ready for bed then laid down.

I started scratching Skylar's back. I was worried about him crying in the middle of the night. I stayed awake until, my body didn't let me stay awake anymore.