Chapter 6

Alixa's POV
I had completely shut down. On Saturday morning, I found myself staring at my body in my full body mirror. I was in just my bra and underwear.

I was going over...

All of my flaws.

I like my body but they still hurt me. My bedroom door opened and I saw the door open. Skylar opened the door.

"Oh crap! I'm sorry!"

I spun around then ran into his arms. I started crying.

"Woah! W-what's going on?"

I did my best to go through everything. He closed my bedroom door then cupped my face.

"I meant what I said the other day. Your body is perfect. There's nothing wrong with it."

"Then...why did they say that?"

"They're trying to break you down. You can't let them do that."

"I-I even lied to her about who...who I like. I said...I like River but I-I actually like you. I-I didn't want to get in her way."

He started stroking my cheeks with his thumbs.

I was too distracted due to me crying to notice that...

He was about to kiss me until he was actually doing it. His hands slid down my body and he put them on my hips.

"Wanna know why...I rejected her?"

"Kinda."

"I'm interested in you. Not her. I didn't want to ruin your friendship with her. I just kept it to myself and River."

Him saying that...made me feel a bit better. Not completely though. Just a bit.

"S-so...you'll give me a chance?"

"Yeah. I will."

He kissed me again.

"Go get dressed. I'll check on you in a bit."

He left my room then closed the door. I grabbed some clothes and quickly got ready. I walked out of my room and found him and River standing by my door.

"Ready?"

"I-I guess."

We got in Skylar's car this time. He drove us to the arcade. I actually had a great time. It was the perfect distraction for me.

Skylar dropped River off at home then brought me to a restaurant for dinner. They literally started bringing me everywhere with them.

I went to every single football game. I don't mind. It was getting me outta my house so, I'm fine with it.

I ran up to him and started hugging him. I didn't care that, he was extremely sweaty. I stood on my toes and kissed him.

He moved hair out of my face and tucked it behind my ear. I could tell by his eyes that...he was absolutely exhausted.

He ran out of his sleep meds so he was having trouble falling asleep.

"You look so tired baby."

"I really am."

His voice gets deeper when he's exhausted.

"Why don't I spend the night at your place? Maybe...I can get you to sleep?"

He nodded. River took a quick shower then immediately fell asleep.

"I'll be back. I'm gonna take a shower."

"Alright. I'll wait here."