Chapter 29

Skylar's POV
She crossed her arms and kept babbling.

"We're almost to your bathroom. Hold on."

After she was done with her bath, I dried her off then got her dressed. Rosaria fell asleep pretty easily and quickly that night.

I walked into my room and started getting ready for bed.

"I'm happy...you're sorta feeling better."

"I'm not completely better but...I'm getting there."

"I know. It's obviously gonna take some time. This is our new reality."

"Yeah. I know. It's our unexpected and unplanned reality. I think...we're doing a good job at managing."

"Wow. Did you just say something positive?"

I started staring at her.

"Oh ha ha. Very funny Lixie."

"I'm serious! I haven't heard you say a genuine positive thing about all of this at all yet."

"I'm sorry if I've been a dick to you. I don't do well with random changes. You know that right?"

"Yeah. I do. Don't worry. It's like you said. This has been all over the place. Let's get some sleep. My mom's coming here at like 5."

I had trouble waking up. I heard Masie's voice and dragged myself towards it. I found her, Rosaria, and Alixa in the dining room. Rosaria was eating her cereal. Masie was drinking some coffee.

"Oh good. You live."

"I'm barely functioning but yeah. I live."

"Your ass better wake up quickly and hurry up and get ready."

"Are you even dressed?"

"Yeah. I actually am. I woke up before the both of you. I got dressed early and finished a book. So turn around and get your ass ready."

"Yeah dadda!"

I threw my hands up.

"Okay. Okay. I'll go get ready."

I wandered back to my room and got ready. I finished getting ready then walked back downstairs.

"There. I'm ready."

"Perfect! Let's grab our shit and leave."

My binders were on the dining table.

"Bye baby girl. Be good for your grandma. Me and mama will see you later. I love you."

I kissed the side of her head then she hugged me.

"I wuv you."

"Masie? Thank you so much. You're an actual lifesaver."

I started walking to the front door.

"YO! ALI! LET'S GO!"

"I'M COMING! I'M COMING!"

Alixa quickly hugged Rosaria and her mom. I unlocked the door and opened it. Alixa rushed up to me.

She pushed me out of the fucking way.

"Bro! The fuck?!"

She turned around and stuck her tongue out.

"Alright. You're in trouble. Get your ass in my car."

We got in my car then put our seatbelts on. I started the car and started driving.

I'm fucking teasing her.

Yep.

I'm fucking teasing her.

I put my hand on her thigh then started digging my nails into her skin. I smirked.

"D-do you want my damn water to break?"

"This is just because you fucking pushed me outta the way. I can make your water break if you want?"

"You dirty minded fucker..."

I chuckled.

"Just say the words."

"Bro...I would like to get to school."

I rolled my eyes then moved my hand.

"Fine. I'll stop."

"Good boy."

I rolled my eyes then put my hand on her stomach.

"There we go. That's better."

I felt Natalia move.

"Someone doesn't like her daddy being naughty while driving."