18. Yn

Theo and I were sitting at the table eating some dinner when my phone started ringing. I picked up my phone to see who it was, my stomach dropped and I glanced at Theo.

I answered the call and slowly brought it to my right ear, "hello?"

"Hey sweetheart, I was wondering if you've made up your mind yet"

I cringed at him saying "sweetheart". We hadn't seen each other in years, well, we have but he's always been blackout drunk. "It's my dad-" I mouthed to Theodore.

"Umm..." I stuttered, wondering why he called again, did he have something important to say? "Uh- why do you need me to make up my mind so quickly? Did something happen?" I questioned.

"I- uh- no no I just wanted to see you, you know."

I sighed and brought the phone away from my face, "I think I'm gonna do it," I told Theo, quietly so dad wouldn't hear. "Okay, it's your decision." He said soothingly.

I took and deep breath and brought the phone back to my face, "uh- I might want to come see you. When seems good?"

"Ugh, finally- I mean that's so sweet, thank you darling! Does next Tuesday work?"

My eyebrows drew together in confusion but I agreed anyway, "sure, I guess." And with that I quickly hung up the phone.

"What are you thinking about?" Theo ask and caressed my arm. I shrugged and my lips turned into a frown, "baby come here," Theo held my hand and helped me to straddle his lap. I leaned my head on his shoulder and his hands rested on my thighs. "I can't shake the feeling that he wants something from me," I explained. "These past few days have been so complicated." I said again.

"That's okay, I'll be right here with you through all of it, okay?" Theo reassured me and rubbed up and down my back. "Do you still want to see him?" He asked.

I nodded hesitantly, "yeah.. I at least want to know if he's changed."

Theo stared into my eyes and played with my hair, "can you come with me?" I asked nervously. "Of course, Cara Mia." He answered immediately. I smiled and kissed him sweetly.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my head between his jaw and shoulder. "Everyone else is going snowboarding, you want to go too? It could help take your mind off things." Theo said.

"Okay," I said and gently got off his lap. I picked up some snow gear from the closet and started putting on some snowpants. They were little big on me, but it's okay. I grabbed a coat, which was very heavy, but I put it on anyway. I was practically swimming in the coat and I was very confused cause it fit me last week. I look up with a confused face at Theo, he was just laughing like crazy. "What?" I asked, trying to figure out what happened.

"You- you look like a marshmallow" Theo teased me and continued laughing. I gently hit his arm "hey!! This fit me last week! I don't know what happened.."

"What happened is, you put on my coat." Theo explained, trying to smother a laugh. My jaw dropped, so that's why it was so heavy. "Uhh-" I stuttered, slightly embarrassed. I took it off and grabbed my coat, which looked similar to Theo's.

I put on a hat and some gloves and a scarf. I grabbed some boots too and put them on, but trying to lace them tight enough was so hard. "Here," Theo gently pushed me onto the couch and started lacing my boots for me. "Theoooo, you know I can do things on my own." I giggled. "I know, but I like doing things for you." He explained with a smile on his face. How could anyone be so perfect? I thought.