16. Yn

(Btw guys I changed the storyline so basically Yn used to hate Theodore because his dad fired her dad and now Yn's dad is an alcoholic and she just blamed it on theo cause she heard him laughing about it. So you can go read that, it's chapter 2. Yn, if you want to. Also, lmk if you notice any holes in the storyline so I can go back and fix it)

I squeezed my eyes shut, theo was arguing with me about something I did last night, but I barely remembered anything.

"You can't do that it's not smart!" He pointed out. I groaned and rubbed my temples "Theo... can't we just talk about this-"

I was going to say "talk about this when my headache goes away" but my phone started ringing, I looked at the caller ID. Oh shit.. it's dad. Theo and I looked at each other, I stared at my phone as it vibrated on the table.

I took a deep breath and reached to grab it. I swiped to answer it and brought it up to my ear, "umm hey.." I said with a shaky voice, not knowing what to say.

"Hey honey, I haven't seen you in a couple years now.. I get it. I know I haven't always been the best father to you, but I promise I'll try from now on..."

I cringed at the fact that he called me "honey", and I have seen him in these past couple of years, but he was too drunk to remember.

"Um.. I don't know." I responded, all of the sudden, I was very conflicted. I wanted to see him but he never made an effort to take care of me before, why now?

"Come on, can I just see you at least once? You're my baby..." I heard his voice break a bit at the end. It sounded like he was slurring his words just barely.

"Okay- uh.. can I think about it?" I asked in a small voice.

"Oh- yeah- of course... bye" Dad said awkwardly and hung up the phone. I sighed and put my phone on the table.

"Yn, what'd he say?" Theo asked, slightly concerned. I pressed my lips together in thought. "My dad wants to see me." I whispered.

"Oh." Theo whispered, deep in thought too. We both fell into silence, it was overwhelming and suffocating. I felt my chest ache and my hands started to shake. I took a quick deep breath, Nope. I haven't had a panic attack in 2 weeks. Not today...

I took another deep breath, trying to calm myself down, but I felt the need for more air. I put my hand on my chest.

"Well.. do you want to?" Theo asked, after a long moment of silence. I don't know... I don't know... I'm not okay, what's wrong with me? I can't breathe! It's not going away.

My thoughts consumed me and I started trembling harder and I gasped for air. I stood up and looked around the room frantically, "yn-" Theodore stood up next to me.

I whimpered fearfully. I bent over and looked at my hands that were shaking uncontrollably. This feels worse. Am I dying? Oh no.

I sobbed and ran my hands through my hair. "Yn- look at me-" I heard theo trying to talk to me but I couldn't bring myself to look at him. My chest ached badly, I gasped for more and more air but it felt like it'd never be enough.

Theo grabbed my hands and sat down next to me. "It's okay, I'm right here baby, it'll be okay." He comforted me soothingly. I sobbed and shook my head.

I felt like I might pass out. Theodore pulled me closer to him. I layed my head against his chest as he gently rocked me back and forth. "I'm not going anywhere, I'll be here with you forever. It's gonna be okay, you're safe with me."