22.

Audrey's Pov

We're inside the car, planning to go home. After our unexpected encounter with them, I asked Laine to bring me back home. I was really doing fine but all of a sudden, I felt like I needed to be alone again.

I kept my mouth shut, didn't even talk to Laine and just staring outside the window. My mind was too occupied and all I want is to cry. I'm trying, okay? I was trying so hard to be fine but I just couldn't.

“Baba.” I was surprised when Laine got off and opened the door for me.

“Hindi ito yung bahay ko.” I said, scanning the place.

“Alam ko.”

“Laine, please gusto kong umuwi—”

“If you really want to go home, bumaba kana.” She cut me off and in the end, I just went out and sighed.

Hindi na ako umangal pa at hinayaan na lang siya. I don't know where we are and I'm not familiar with this place at all. Laine walked first while I, on the other hand, was following her behind.

Once we got inside, napansin kong maraming tao yung nakapila at lahat sila nakasuot ng protective gear. What is this all about?

“Ano bang ginagawa natin dito? Laine, kung ayaw mo akong ihatid, ako na lang uuwi mag-isa.”

“Nope! Please you have to try this one, okay? I promise you after this I will drop you off.”

Habang naghihintay kami, nagulat ako ng biglang may nagsisigawan sa loob. I was trying to catch a glimpse inside pero wala talaga akong makita. May mga iilan din na lumabas na at halos lahat sila nagsisi-iyakan.

“Please wear these.” sabi nung nasa counter sabay abot ng susuotin namin.

After naming isuot yun, may guy na sinamahan kami sa isang room tapos ayun na; nakita ko na kung anong meron sa loob.

“I know the past few days, you were stressed and struggling. Audrey, please wag mong sarilinin lahat. It's not your fault at hindi mo rin naman ginusto humantong sa ganito.” Laine began and smiled at me.

“.....”

“Sana after this, hindi kana umiyak, masaktan at bumalik na yung dating ikaw. You've been so distant and we can't feel you anymore.” She added.

Inabot niya saakin yung baseball bat at hinayaan akong maglabas nang sama ng loob. Nung una naghehesitate pa ako pero ayun, ginawa ko rin. Nagbasag ako ng bote, plato, tv, at lahat ng meron sa loob ng room namin.

“BAKIT ANG DAYA DAYA MO?! BADA, PINAGMUKHA MO AKONG TANGA.” sigaw ko.

“SANA HINDI MO NA LANG KASI GINULO BUHAY KO! SANA SINABI MO AGAD NA MAY IBA PARA HINDI NA AKO UMASA.”

Panay ang sigaw ko at hagis ng kung anu-ano habang si Laine naman nasa gilid lang at pinapanuod ako. I've been keeping everything alone, I always pretend as if I was really fine but no, I'm not.

“Sana sinabi mo agad.....” and my tears started to fall, betraying me once again.

“Here.” Laine smiled at me as she handed me the ice cream.

“Thank you.”

Laine sat down next to me and she didn't say anything, she let me have my moment. After our session inside the rage room, she remained quite and probably waiting for me to speak up first.

“I feel good.” I started, taking a quick glance at her.

“You do? I'm glad it's working.”

“Thank you.”

“You're always welcome. I'm glad I was able to help you.”

“You always help me in many ways.” I admitted. She's been there ever since and I know I'm taking advantage of her kindness which is not right.

“Sana ito na yung huli ha? Alam kong wala ako sa tamang posisyon para magdecide but Audrey, she's not worth crying for.” Laine softly said while tucking some few strands of my hair behind in my ear.

Alam ko, alam na alam ko pero wala eh when it comes to her, nanghihina ako—I always find myself miserable and crying. I don't understand why I am crying over her when in fact I can stand alone.

Siguro nasanay lang ako and I was too overwhelmed. Bada helped me a lot and believe me or not, sakanya ko lang naramdaman yung ganitong feeling. I've never felt this way before or should I say I never loved someone like this not until Bada came into my life.

“I will try my best.” I responded.

Walang kasiguraduhan pero susubukan ko, susubukan kong maging okay without her. Alam kong kaya ko but it takes time—sana paggising ko isang araw, wala na yung sakit na nararamdaman ko.

“Bye!” Laine bid her goodbye while waving her hands.

She drove me home, no her driver did. Once they drove off, I went inside our house and mom isn't still at home.   I lazily dragged myself in my room and threw my body on the bed, staring up at the ceiling and forced myself to smile.

“Okay ka lang? You did well today.” bulong ko.

The rage room helped me a lot to release my stress and thanks to Laine for bringing me there. I feel a bit better and relax than the other days. Maybe I should consider going back there alone sometimes—I badly need that.

After my 'me time' I got up and turned on my laptop. I checked my social media account and received an email from our school.

“Invitation?” I frowned and clicked to open it.

Oh an invitation for our upcoming prom. May sasagutang form and bukas agad yung deadline kasi magsisimula na ata silang magprepare.

“Kailan ba talagang pumunta?” bulong ko sa sarili ko habang binabasa yung mga dapat sagutan.

I already talked about this matter with my mom and she said it's up to me. Nung una, pinipilit niya akong umattend kasi minsan lang daw 'to and for memories.

While I was having my moment, my phone started ringing and I picked it up without checking the caller's name.

“Hello?”

“You have to be there, okay?”

“Huh?”

“Si Hanna 'to and I know you already received the invitation kaya kailangan mong pumunta. Please lang, umattend ka and have fun with us.”

“I will think about it.”

“Alam mo sasakalin ko na 'yang si Bada. She really ruined everything.”

“No, she's not and it's up to me naman kaya don't blame her.”

“Aha still defending that girl after all the shits she gives you? Oh stop siding her, she doesn't deserve it.”

“I'm not.”

“If not, attend our prom and don't let her ruin it for you.”

“Hanna, I'll think about it.”

“Tss fine! Make sure you will think about it a lot, okay?”

“I will.”

[A/N: Hi! Here's a quick update and I just want to say sorry for being inactive here. The past few days, I was so exhausted and unstable so I had to rest a bit. I'll try my best to update more and please bear with me.]