CHAPTER 27- Soaked In Rain

After walking through the rain-soaked streets for an hour, Taehyung found himself standing in front of Jin hyung's home. The downpour had soaked him to the bone, but determination burned in his eyes. He hesitated for a moment, his hand hovering over the doorbell, vulnerability etched on his face.

 He hesitated for a moment, his hand hovering over the doorbell, vulnerability etched on his face

Inhaling deeply, Taehyung summoned the courage he needed. He pressed the doorbell, the sound echoing through the quiet night. As he waited, raindrops continued their dance around him, and the dim light from the street lamps cast a soft glow on the wet pavement. Taehyung yearning for the comfort and understanding he knew he could find within his Jin hyung's home, stood there soaking in the rain.

Jin opened the door with a hint of sleepiness in his eyes, but as soon as he laid eyes on Taehyung, concern immediately replaced any traces of fatigue. The sight of Taehyung, drenched from head to toe, brought a wave of worry to Jin's face. Memories of the last time he had seen Taehyung in such a state, after Mr. and Mrs. Kim's funeral, flashed in his mind.

"Taehyung, what happened?" Jin's voice was laced with genuine concern as he ushered his little brother inside, shielding him from the rain

As Jin ushered Taehyung inside, the choked sobs and tears held in check finally surfaced. Taehyung struggled to find his voice, emotions threatening to overwhelm him. He stood there in the dimly lit hallway, rainwater dripping from his soaked clothes, his usually composed demeanor shattered by the weight of unspoken pain.

"Hyung," Taehyung's voice wavered, he struggled to articulate the turmoil within him and his wet clothes clinging to him.

Jin, understanding the unspoken plea in Taehyung's eyes, guided him to the living room. "Sit down, Taehyung. You're drenched." He said as he gestured toward the couch. Taehyung, still choked up, sank into the seat, rainwater forming a small puddle around him.

IN JIN AND ABBY'S BEDROOM

Jin hurried into the bedroom where Abby was sound asleep, gently waking her as he searched for spare clothes and a towel. "Abby, darling, wake up," he whispered urgently, his voice tinged with concern.