CHAPTER 7- Tough Love

Tae, though remorseful, steeled himself against the torrent of emotions swirling within him. "Stop crying. I don't wanna see any tears," he commanded, his voice firm but carrying a weight of regret. Yn hastily wiped her tears away, using the back of her hands, a futile attempt to conceal her vulnerability.

"Now, go and wash your face. I want you back within 5 minutes. Come with your bag, go fast," Tae instructed, his tone holding a mix of authority and concern. Yn hurriedly complied, racing against time, a palpable sense of urgency in the air.

She returned within the stipulated time, standing before Tae, eyes downcast, hands rubbing nervously. "What are you waiting for? Take out your books and start writing your imposition. I want you to complete it on your knees," Tae ordered, his words hanging in the air like a heavy cloud.

Yn's eyes widened at the daunting task. "Oppa, I was already punished. My knees and hands are hurting so much," she pleaded, her distress evident in her voice.

"Is it my fault?" Tae asked coldly, prompting a tearful shake of Yn's head.

"Good. Now start," he directed, his resolve unyielding. Yn knelt down, hands and knees throbbing in pain, as she began to write under the stern gaze of her brother. Tae, immersed in his own work on the laptop, seemed impervious to her suffering.

Time ticked away, and two hours later, Tae, hearing the soft sounds of sniffles, finally looked up. Yn, tears staining her cheeks, met his gaze with teary eyes. Sensing her distress, Tae, torn between his strict demeanor and compassion, relented.

"Sit properly and write without crying," he said, his voice cold but carrying a touch of mercy. Yn thanked him through hiccupping sobs, wincing as she settled down.

Two more hours passed, with Yn still diligently writing. Tae signaled Ajuma to leave them be during dinner, silently acknowledging her understanding. After the meal, Tae fed Yn as she continued to write, her hands aching from the prolonged punishment.

"Oppa, my hands are hurting," Yn confessed, her eyes pleading for mercy. Tae, however, remained stern. "How many more do you have to complete?" he asked, his heart hardening.

"I have two more to complete, oppa," Yn replied, a tinge of sadness in her voice.

"Hmm. Let it hurt then. Finish it soon," Tae asserted, unwilling to relent further. Yn hummed in acknowledgment, her spirit subdued.

As the clock struck midnight, Tae decided to call it a night. "It's enough for now. I'll wake you up in the morning. Finish it then," he declared. Yn nodded, fatigue evident in her eyes. "Now, go up and sleep," Tae said coldly.

"Oppa," Yn called him sweetly, attempting to mend the emotional rift. Tae looked at her with a stern expression. "I don't wanna hug a liar. Go now, don't make me angry," he harshly stated. Yn, hurt by his words, left silently, head hung low, tears threatening to spill.

 Yn, hurt by his words, left silently, head hung low, tears threatening to spill