32 - Homesick?

MARA

One step up the stairs and I've caught a glimpse inside and I already knew that I didn't belong here.

I followed behind Nico and Doug, sandwiched together. A woman with blonde, modestly tided hair greeted us by the door on the side. I smiled whereas Nico didn't even turn to her direction and went straight over to the seats.

Nico never failed to show his lack of thoughtfulness.

When I had googled what an inside of an aeroplane looked like I didn't expect it to be this.

The images I saw were like a narrow hallway with seat cluttered along in rows. I wouldn't have known what an aeroplane looked like inside because I simply haven't been on one before.

But this is something... Something beautiful that I hadn't seen on the internet.

Everything was grey and matching carpet. It's interior was so homelike. It was breathtaking.

One word to describe this was elegant.

I turned to my right and there was, a giant man staring at me, "are you done?" He asked.

"Sit." Nico shifted his eyes at the seat in front of him.

It took me a second to register his words. As I walked to the seat, his amber eyes wandered onto my body.

I flushed and looked down at me, wondering if there was something wrong with my clothing. I  wore a black short sleeved tee that was black paired with a matching skirt that was above knee length.

I wiped the bottom of my skirt and sat on the cushioned seat. I rested my hands on the table.

Nico cleared his throat before he spoke, "Didn't I tell you to wear something that covered your body. New York will be freezing." He did but I chose not to listen. I don't know why but I wanted to make him mad that I disobeyed hm.

"You did but I'm positive that I can manage." All this talk about New York being cold, he still sat there with his black tee that flexed the muscles on his inked arms, that my eyes couldn't stop glancing at.

His forearms rested on the table, his wrist had a watch tied to it and his finger had a silver band around it.

His eyes were on my chest, he lifted his hand to his beard and roughed his palm against the hairs. I think he noticed that I hadn't worn by bra today. "Let's see how long you last then."

A minute passes. "When is the gala?"

"Saturday." I guess there's enough time to mentally prepare for it. However, I've never been to one. "What's a gala like?"

He paused for a moment. "It's an event filled with the most overbearing rich people but they think they're humble because they attend charity galas like this one Zina is organising."

I lifted a confused brow at him. "Aren't you and your family rich?"

He paused for a brief moment, then I his mouth curl from the corner. "How much did the internet tell you about my family?" He joked.

"Not much. I found what I searched for and that was it. I promise you."

"I'm glad you didn't see the articles."