4 - Eyes Wide Open

Also a PSA! I will be changing "Madelyn's"(the FMC) into the name into "Mara". Simply because I don't like the name Madelyn anymore and it doesn't fit the story. And to note that the previous chapters have been altered, so RIP Mads x

MARA

I gasp out quietly, and i put my palm on my left side of my chest where my heart resides so i can stop it from beating so much. I look around in fear and i remember what just happened to me. I get up from the ground of the attic and then i feel something dry on my inner thigh. I grab a flashlight I stored under my nightstand to turn it on to have it pointing the light to my thigh where my pants are still left on my knees after he violated me.

I look to what is so dry on my skin and I see dried up blood.

I feel disgusting. I can't bare it.

I feel like running. I don't want to be here anymore,  I never ever did want to be here.

I start to tear up and then I just thought something irrational. I am leaving and never looking back.

I grab a bag that contains all of clothes which isn't a lot. Then i rush to my night stand and look under it. I have grip of some cash that I stored from earlier years.
But might be enough to get me where I want to go, Miami.

I go down the stairs of the attic and to the other stairs as quiet as possible, so the others in house do not wake up. I know that the front door is locked so I rush to grab the keys for the kitchen counter that Sir Robert always puts, hoping that I don't cause a sound from the metallic gold keys. I open the front door slowly and then i shut the front door behind me slowly and quietly so I don't create attention to me.

Cold air fills my nostrils and I take a deep breath to inhale to outside oxygen. God it feels too good to be true.

I'm out, I'm finally outside. I done it, I made it.

Then I froze because I didn't have a plan. All i knew was that i wanted to make to Miami.

A train?
Yes a train, I know where the local train station is so i'll be alright.

-

After a long hour trying to find my way to the train station, the signs around here are really helpful. I'd be lost without them. I do not have a watch on me so I look up the big clock that's in the train station, it's eleven-thirty. It's been that long since h-h-he-

It feels like I'm drowning in a pool of my blood. I'm on the verge to drop down on my knees and ball my eyes out until I have no more tears to shed.

I feel sore, hurt, damaged and even weaker than before. My lips quivering uncontrollably, I feel my heart sink in my chest and water trickles down both of my hot and fiery cheeks. I rush my fingertips to my eyes to stop them from causing any tears like I was been told to by Madam Ana and Sir Robert.

Wherever they I receive my punishment by them I always end up crying because I couldn't bare it, and Madam Ana would always say the words 'stop crying before I give you another reason to cry about'. Those words always taunt me.

I take a deep breath once again to calm somewhat of my nerve and I rush towards the ticket booth, fearing if I'm not quick enough I'll be brought back to that house.

There is a woman that looks to to be in her late twenties and she's has dark shiny hair that is shoulder length. Her head turn to me and has a welcoming grin on her face.

"Hello Ma'am, what can I insist you with?" She greets.

Her voice so calming that it calms my nerves completely.

"Oh hi" I start of with.
"I would like to buy a train ticket to Miami, Florida."
"Please." I say frantically, how can I be so stupid and unmannered, so impolite of me to be so demanding.

"That will be seventy-five dollars, ma'am." She states.
Seventy- five? That's half of my money gone, I have never bought a ticket before but I didn't think it would be that much.
I quietly sigh and reach in my bag to grab the seventy-five dollars and I give the nice lady the money for exchange for the ticket.

"Thank you and here is your ticket, enjoy your journey miss." Her voice so gentle and has a grin on her too.

I simply just smile back and turn behind me make my way to the bench where other people are sitting waiting for their train to arrive.