Chapter 13: Resist

Riya can't help but enjoy her dance, the man with his arms around her had a way of making her laugh and enjoy the moment. She let out a giggle when he lifts her slightly. The dance is completely platonic, between two people who have know each other for a while and are taking a moment outside of work to enjoy each other's company.

In the midst of the dance floor, where Riya is enjoying the night, her bodyguard smoothly interrupted her dance, pulling her into his arms. "May I?"
The man smiles at the two, stepping away. Riya huffs, wishing Xavier hadn't interrupted.

"What?"
The tension in the air escalates as he guides her through the steps, their movements intense and charged with unspoken emotions. The subtle jealousy in his heart can't stay silent, creating a magnetic force between them. Riya, caught off guard, can't ignore the electrifying chemistry as his sturdy arms wrap around her, and the dance became a silent battleground, each step echoing their unspoken emotions that lingers in the shadows.

His gaze subtly traces the contours of her figure as he pulls her closer, a mix of protection and possession swirls in his eyes. As they move to the rhythm, his hands resting on her waist, fingers grazing the delicate fabric of her gown. "You look stunning," he remarks, his voice a low murmur, the tension between them visible to the people around them.

The lights dim, leaving just the person in their arms visible. The slow dance becomes a silent exchange of glances and unspoken desires, the boundaries of professionalism blurring in the intimate embrace.

As they dance, he whispers in a low, husky tone, "Seems he has a front-row view of what he can't have." His words carry a confident edge as he nods his head towards the man she had been dancing with. "Let him wonder," he continues, his gaze locking onto hers, "we make a convincing performance, don't we?" The dance became a dialogue of desire and deception, their movements conveying a story of tangled alliances and hidden passions.

As the music swirls around them, he leans in, his breath grazing her ear. "You enjoy playing with fire, don't you?" His voice holds a hint of challenge, a dangerous undertone, mirroring the pulsating rhythm of his racing heart. She can't help but blush at his words. Their bodies move in synchrony, and his lingering touch conveys a possessiveness that transcends the dance floor. The air crackles with a forbidden energy, and in that fleeting moment, the boundaries between protector and the protected wither away into a dance of shared secrets and unspoken longing.

His eyes, like a skilled sentinel, explore the subtle details of her appearance. The way her gown clings to her curves, the delicate sweep of her neckline, revealing just enough to entice him more. A faint smirk plays on her lips, a silent knowledge of the allure she knows she exudes. "You're a dangerous distraction," he admits, his gaze lingering on hers. The dance became a silent negotiation of desire, and as he continued to appreciate her with a heated intensity.

Riya can't help but want to be pushed up closer, to get as close as she can to the man she sees in her dreams. She meets his intense gaze with a hint of defiance, her eyes challenging yet intrigued. "Distraction works both ways," she counters, a daring smile playing on her lips. Their words and glances a dance of seduction, the air thick with a tension that neither is willing to break.

Seeing his gaze darken, she pushes herself closer and tilts her head slightly, meeting his scrutiny with a playful glint in her eyes. "You act as if you're the only one trying to show resistance, I thought you weren't even interested," she whispers, "and look at you, pulling away from my dance so you can have me in your arms," her words a subtle invitation. As they sway to the music, she maintains eye contact, a silent challenge echoing in the shared space between them.

He twirls her around before pulling her back against his front. A gasp escapes Riya's lips as his breath fans on her neck. "Don't play, darling."
She swoons at his tone, her toes curling with anticipation. "I'm not."
He twirls her back around, slamming her front against his chest. "Don't start something you won't be able to finish."
"I'm not."
"We shouldn't." His eyes darken as he says these words.

"I won't start anything."
Xavier watches her lips moves as she talks, "neither will I."
"We'll see." A smirk plays on his lips, inking Riya. He's challenging her, in fact, he's telling her that she can't control. He's taunting her.
"Yeah, we will. In fact, I think I'm done here. Someone promised me a dance anyway."

She gives him a sassy smile, before moving out of his arms. As Riya tried to escape, jealousy fizzles through Xavier. His jealousy erupts into a fierce grip, his fingers digging into her arm. "You think you can just walk away?" he hisses, "we're not done talking."
The intensity of his emotions boiling over, cracking the air with tension as their eyes locked in a heated battle, each heartbeat echoing the turbulent emotions in the charged atmosphere.

Riya pins him with a look before pulling her arm out of his grip. "What's it to you?"
"You don't want me! So what is it to you?"
His eyes burn in anger as he looks down at the girl in front of him. All he can think of is that man who was dancing with her earlier and his hands on her.

He had tried to stop himself when they were dancing, he just couldn't. And the sight just won't leave his mind.
"We're not done talking, so you can follow me out to finish this chat or I can carry you out. Does that make sense?"
Riya sighs, peeks around to see the people she really wants to leave an impression on, deciding it's best for her to listen to him now, she follows him out.

Riya follows behind the tall man, resisting the urge to huff. Her eyes trained in the floor as they walk out, her mind clouded by his words that when they step out, she doesn't realise when his hands find her waist and her back is pressed against the brick wall. A gasp leaves her lips, but is muffled by his hand on her mouth. Her eyes widen as she looks up at the man, completely unsure of what to expect.