Chapter 1

Alixa's POV
My plan was taking longer than I expected it to. I was expecting it to last for a few days or a few weeks. Not a few months. I was dedicated and determined to make the plan be a success.

I was doing everything that I could to set them up. I know how much Sophie likes Skylar. She always gets those butterflies in her stomach when he's around. She always blushes when he compliments her.

Well...

She sees everything as a compliment. She's horrible at flirting. He would just flirt back. But he'd never look at her. He'd always look at me. I don't think it means anything though.

He's probably nervous just like her. Skylar's normally a confident person. I just think that, talking to the girl he likes, just makes him a bit weak.

I like Skylar but Sophie likes him more.

Yes...

My heart starts racing when he starts talking.

Yes...

I also get those butterflies.

But...

Sophie never stops talking about him. She already sees them getting married once they turn 18.

I've tried to tell her that she was getting ahead of herself. They're not even together and she was already planning what the rest of their lives would be like.

Sophie thinks that I don't like him anymore. I hate lying but I have to lie about my feelings. I lie and say that I like his twin brother.

River's sweet and kind but he's not Skylar. (I'm not trying to be an asshole about him.)

Yes...

They look the same.

Yes...

They act the same.

I just prefer Skylar.

For some reason...

I'm able to tell who's who.

That's probably strange.

I just don't know how I do it. They're the same height, they have the same body build, they do everything together, there's so many similar things about them.

Sophie thinks...I should be with River. I'd feel bad if I played him. I'm not that type of person.

After a football game, we found River and Skylar carrying their gear. They were walking away. I grabbed Sophie's hand. I started dragging her over to them.

"Hey! Sky! Riv! Wait up!"

The both stopped walking and turned around. We got up to them and you could see how sweaty they both were.

"Great game guys! It was pretty close! I don't know how you won. That team's the best in the district!"

"We're pretty surprised too. They normally kick our asses."

"Do you guys wanna do something with us? Not today obviously. You're both exhausted."

"As long as...we don't have anything to do."

"Our schedules have been all over the place lately."

"Oh shit. No wonder...you guys are exhausted."

"We're used to it by now."

A phone buzzed. River took his phone out of his bag.

"Ma's here. Let's go."

"Do you guys have my number? I should give you it so we can plan something."

"I might. Didn't I need it for a history project or something?"

"Yep. You probably have it then. I know I have yours. Alright. Bye guys. Get some rest. Congrats again!"