Forty-Seven

Mina's POV

I'm in my office and I heard knocking again and again.

"Mina, don't you think you should go out and talk to her? She's been waiting outside for hours," Dara's frustration seeped into her words.

I knew Sana was out there, waiting patiently beneath the unforgiving glare of the sun. She'd been there for hours, a testament to her determination or perhaps her desperation.

"I'm working and we don't have anything to talk about anymore, Unnie. Why couldn't she understand that?" I replied, my gaze fixed on the files spread out before me.

"Alright, it's your call, Princess," Dara said, conceding to my decision.

As Dara left, I felt a mix of relief and apprehension. While I was glad she respected my choice, a part of me questioned if I was doing the right thing. Should I have gone to talk to Sana? Would it have made a difference? These thoughts swirled in my mind like a whirlpool, pulling me deeper into uncertainty.

Returning to my desk, I tried to bury myself in my work, hoping to escape the weight of my decision. But every rustle of papers and click of keys only served as a reminder of the unresolved tension lingering beyond the closed door.

Despite my attempts to focus, my thoughts kept drifting back to Sana. I couldn't shake the image of her waiting outside, her determination etched on her face despite the scorching sun. A pang of guilt tugged at my conscience, prompting me to reconsider my stance.

"No, Mina. Focus," I whispered to myself, deciding to push aside the guilt gnawing at me. With a deep breath, I buried myself in my work, shutting out the distractions and focusing solely on the task at hand. 

Having lost track of time absorbed in my work, I was surprised to find it was already 7 p.m. Quickly finishing up, I made sure everything was organized before putting on my coat and locking up the studio. With everything in order, I headed out to my car.

"Mina," a voice called out, jolting me from my thoughts. Startled, I turned around to find Sana still there.

"You're still here?" I asked surprised.

"Yes, Mina. Please talk to me." Sana plead.

"Sana, we don't have anything to talk about anymore," I responded firmly, slipping into my car and closing the door behind me. Starting the engine, I drove away, leaving Sana behind.

As the miles passed by sound of a loud thunderclap echoed through the air, startling me followed by the drumming sound of heavy rain. "Fuck me," I muttered under my breath. With a frustrated sigh, I shifted the gear into reverse and decided to turn back.

Guilt washed over me like a heavy wave as I pulled up to the office and saw Sana on her knees, hands covering her ears, tears streaming down her face. It was clear she was terrified, her phobia of thunder rendering her vulnerable and childlike at that moment. Regret flooded through me as I realized the impact of my actions.

Without a moment's hesitation, I hurried out of the car and rushed to Sana's side. Kneeling beside her, I gently placed a hand on her trembling shoulder, offering what little comfort I could muster.

"Sana, I'm so sorry," I whispered, my voice thick with remorse. 

Sana looked up at me, her eyes filled with tears and relief at my presence. Without a word, she threw herself into my arms. I held her tightly, offering reassurance through the simple act of embracing her, letting her know that she wasn't alone.

"Let's get you dry," I said softly, guiding Sana towards my car. With a gentle hand on her back, I led her away from the rain. Once Sana was settled in the car, I quickly retrieved a blanket from the trunk and draped it over her shoulders, hoping to offer some warmth.