Thirty-Six

Tzuyu's POV

Tzuyu lay in my room, her mind consumed by thoughts of Mina. It had been a week since she left to visit her parents in Japan, and the days had felt longer without her. Tzuyu missed her presence, her laughter, and the warmth of her smile. Every night, she found myself looking at the moon, wondering if she was gazing at it too from across the ocean.

She reached for her phone, contemplating whether to send her a message or give her some space. As much as I wanted to hear from her, she also understood the importance of her time with her family. With a sigh, she decided to send a simple message, just to let her know she was thinking of her.

"Hey, Mina. I hope you're doing well. Missing you a lot. 💕"

She hit send and placed my phone on the nightstand, hoping for a reply that would bring a little bit of her back into my world. Minutes turned into what felt like hours, and Tzuyu's heart skipped a beat when her phone finally rang. She eagerly reached for it, hoping to see Mina's name on the screen.

Tzuyu's heart raced as she unlocked her phone and saw Mina's name on the screen. She quickly answered the call, eager to hear from her.

"Hey, Tzuyu! I miss you too. Can't wait to see you again." Mina said.

A warm smile spread across Tzuyu's face. She quickly responded. "I can't wait to see you either, Mina. I'm longing for you."

"Awww. I know the feeling, Tzu. How much you miss me?" Mina said teasing.

Tzuyu chuckled at Mina's teasing. "Well, let's just say that every star in the sky reminds me of you, and I've counted a lot of stars these past days."

Mina's laughter echoed through the phone. "Smooth talker, aren't you, Tzu? You always know how to make my heart flutter. Well, if you miss me that much why don't you open your door for me?" Mina said chuckling.

Tzuyu couldn't help but laugh at Mina's suggestion. "As much as I'd love to, I can't just open the door and magically transport you here. But I promise, the moment you're back, that door will be wide open for you."

Mina's playful tone continued to brighten Tzuyu's evening. "No, seriously, Tzu. I'm here."

Tzuyu blinked in surprise, momentarily confused by Mina's statement. "Wait, what do you mean, you're here?"

As she spoke, she heard a doorbell. Her heart skipped a beat as she realized what Mina meant. Without wasting another moment, Tzuyu hurriedly ended the call and practically ran to the door, her excitement building with each step.

As she swung the door open, there stood Mina, a bright smile on her face and her arms wide open for an embrace. Tzuyu's eyes widened in shock and delight as she threw her arms around Mina, pulling her into a tight hug.

"Mina! You're really here!" Tzuyu exclaimed, her voice filled with joy.

Mina chuckled and said, "Surprise, Tzu. I couldn't stay away any longer."

Tzuyu couldn't believe her eyes and didn't need any more convincing. She held onto Mina tightly, her heart overflowing with happiness. "I can't believe you're here, Mina. This is the best surprise ever!"

Mina hugged her back just as tightly, and Tzuyu could feel the warmth of her embrace. "I missed you so much, Tzu."

Tzuyu finally released Mina from the hug, though she couldn't stop smiling. "Come inside. I want to hear about your trip and be with you."

Mina nodded, and they walked hand in hand into Tzuyu's cozy home.

"Are you hungry? What do you want to drink?" Tzuyu said leading Mina into the living room.