Twenty-Eight

Tzuyu's POV

Tzuyu let out a deep sigh of relief, glad that she was finally done with all of the meetings for the day. She stretched her arms and back, feeling the tension release from her muscles. Tzuyu realized that she hadn't taken her lunch yet and her stomach growled in protest. She checked the time and saw that it was already 2 pm. "I should probably take a break and grab some food," she thought to herself. She closed her laptop and stood up from her desk, then she heard a knock. "Come on in." She said.

The door opened and Mina stepped inside. Tzuyu was surprised.

Mina smiled. "Hi, I hope I'm not interrupting anything I brought you lunch." She said.

Tzuyu's surprise quickly turned into a smile. "No, not at all. Thank you, Mina. That's really sweet of you, come here. I think I need your hug more," she said and spread her arms for a hug feeling giddy and touched by Mina's gesture.

Mina smiled, walked towards Tzuyu, and wrapped her arms in a warm embrace. "Of course! I figured you might have missed your lunch again like you always do, I know how busy you've been lately," she said, holding up the bag of food.

Tzuyu laughed, "You know me too well, Mina. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it." She tucked Mina's hair then took the bag from her and peeked inside, revealing a delicious-looking sandwich and some fruit. "This looks amazing, did you make it yourself?" Tzuyu asked while holding Mina's hand and going to the table.

Tzuyu saw Mina blush slightly at her compliment. "No, I didn't make it myself, I ordered it from a nearby deli. But I made sure to pick something healthy and tasty for you," she replied, following Tzuyu to the table.

As they sat down, Tzuyu couldn't help but notice how Mina's hand felt warm and soft in hers. She quickly shook off the thought, not wanting to read too much into the gesture. "So, how was your day so far?" Tzuyu asked, trying to make conversation.

Mina took a seat and smiled at Tzuyu. "It's been good, thanks for asking. I had a few sessions this morning, but now I'm taking a break to come and see you," she said, still holding onto Tzuyu's hand. "How about you?"

Tzuyu smiled back at Mina. "It's been a bit hectic, but I'm glad it's over now," she said, as she started to unpack her lunch. "What do we have here?.. Hmm. Ohh wow! Is it a Turkey Avocado Sandwich?" she asked and Mina just nodded. "And I also got fresh berries." Tzuyu was so happy.

Mina smiled at Tzuyu's excitement. "Yes, I hope you like it," she said, "And I know you love fresh fruit, so I took some berries that's all they got."

Tzuyu nodded, "Thank you, Mina. It's perfect." She took a bite of the sandwich and her face lit up. "This is really good, " she's impressed by the taste.

"By the way Tzu, I also came here to invite you and the girls to my Mom's birthday," Mina asked.

"Sure! When is your mom's birthday?" Tzuyu asked, feeling touched by the invitation.

"It's tomorrow, actually," Mina replied shyly. " I'd love for you and the girls to come."

Tzuyu looked surprised. "Wow, that's short notice. But I'll definitely try to make it, and I'm sure the other girls would love to come too," she said, thinking of her unnies. "What time should we come and where is it going to be?"

"It's in Japan and our plane will arrive tomorrow," Mina said nonchalantly while taking the bread crumbs on Tzuyu's shirt.

Tzuyu's choked on her sandwich and her eyes widened at Mina's response. "Japan? Tomorrow morning?" she repeated in disbelief.