Forty-Four

Mina's POV

Woke up early because of the doorbell; I should wake up late today because it's the weekend. It was a delivery boy again for the nth time, another bouquet of white roses from Sana, I guess. I was surprised that she also knew my address. I accepted the flowers.

"Good morning, Mina!" he chirped.

"Morning," I replied with sleepiness in my voice.

As he left, I closed the door. The weight of the roses in my hands mirrored the heaviness settling within me. The weekend suddenly felt more complicated than I had anticipated. I couldn't help but wonder how Sana had found out my address, adding another layer of intrigue to an already complex situation.

I noticed a small card attached. "I can't get you out of my mind. - Sana"

"What the heck are you doing to me, Sana?" I muttered to myself, a mixture of confusion and frustration swirling within me. In a moment of overwhelmed emotion, I threw the flower against the wall, the soft petals scattering in the air.

"Perhaps that conversation needed to happen." Dialed the number angrily that I got from Tzuyu. My thumb hovered over the call button, uncertainty gripping me as I waited for her to answer.

"Mi-Mina?" she answered, stuttering.

"Come to my house," I stated firmly, the urgency and frustration evident in my tone.

There was a brief pause on the other end of the line before Sana responded, "Al-Alright. I-I'll be there." and I dropped the call.

After an hour, I heard the doorbell ring again. I took a deep breath, steadying myself for the forthcoming conversation, and went to answer the door. As I opened it, there stood Sana, the ever-beautiful Sana, her eyes reflecting sincerity.

"I brought you chocolate cake," she said, holding a box with a small smile.

"Come in," I said, my expression blank as I took the cake from her. She still remembers that a chocolate cake can calm me down. But I shouldn't be shaken by this gesture.

"Nice and cozy," she said as she scanned her eyes around the room, then she saw the scattered petals on the floor. Her gaze lingered on the scattered petals, and a moment of sadness flashed across her face.

"Have a seat. Can I get you anything?" I asked, still maintaining a stoic expression.

Sana hesitated for a moment before taking a seat. "No, thank you," she replied, her gaze shifting between me and the scattered petals on the floor. I sat across from her, and the room held a heavy silence as if we were engaged in a silent staring contest. The unspoken tension was palpable, the pressure of our unresolved emotions hanging in the air like a dense fog. It was clear that this conversation needed to happen, and the room became the arena for a confrontation that had been delayed for far too long.

"So, what's up?" I asked, breaking the silence.

For a moment, Sana seemed to search for the right words. Sana took a deep breath, her eyes meeting mine.

"First... I-I would like to apologize. Fo-For leaving you just like that," she said, her gaze downcast, fingers fidgeting nervously.

I sighed, realizing I had been holding my breath for a while. "Why did you do that?"

"I-I was so dumb and immature to think that was the right thing to do at that time," she admitted, her voice sounding of regret.

"What was the problem?" I asked, seeking to understand the roots of the decision that had altered the course of our relationship.