You're mine

"Wow, he had an impact on the whole college?" Sophia looked like she wanted to hear more of the story but refrained from asking me any further questions or interrogated me, to which I am thankful for. "Well, yeah, you can say. Usually he kept to himself but he was quite famous."
"And is that bitch Ash alive or do I need to kick his balls?" I laughed hard. Classic Sophia. "Well I don't talk to him anymore but last I heard he's working in a small firm or something." I said, shrugging. "I've no grudges against that dude anymore. Holding a grudge means that I would still have a space for him somewhere in my heart and I didn't want to allow him even that privilege."
Sophia smiled at me. "I've never seen a more mature girl than you babe." She said and bear hugged me while a small tear rolled down her eyes. I know it's something that she reminisced from her past and I itched to ask her that but the decency and respect she showed to my past and rooted feelings stopped me from questioning her.

Everyone needs their own time to open up.

"Give it back!" Gabriella shouted through the room as she sprung on the bed next to me, trying to get her phone out of my death grip. "No." I screamed back as I tried my best not to let the phone go. "I said give it back, Ember." She shouted again, but this time her voice had a warning. A warning that stated clearly that if I were to disobey her now, she would kill me. But I was not going to let some death stare scare me.

No matter what, I am not giving Gab her phone.
"Give me my phone. I want to meet that sick son on a bitch and give him a piece of my mind. Or better yet, cut him into several pieces." She screamed at the top of her lungs. "No, you are not doing anything like that. I said I will handle it." I screamed.
By now, Gab and I were in a tug of war, and none of us was about to let go of the phone. At this point, my bed would either turn into a WWE ring or we would sacrifice her phone.
None of which my mom would approve of.

"So what is your idea of "handling it"?" Gab asked me as she made those bunny fingers air quotes and removed her death grip from her phone, and looked at me like I was some little kid holding onto my ice cream.
She said as she crossed her arms on her chest, literally giving me the mom stare.
"I would-" I trailed off and looked at her like I wanted her to complete my revenge plan, but instead she just pressed on with her eyes. "Oh, I don't know; I'll have to figure it out." I was exasperated with all the commotion going on in my life in the last 2 months. Gone were the days when I was a little squeaky mouse in my room, away from the world. It was just me and my books. It's weird that I wanted to desperately get out of that phase of my life, and now all I want is to crawl back into it.

"You can have my sword if you want." Gab said as I looked at her with huge eyes. I am sorry? Did she say? SWORD? Why would I use a sword? Why would anyone use a sword against a living being? And why does she have one?

"I think I am good," I said, quickly shutting down the sword idea. "You can't just let him run all over you again." Gab said with sad eyes. I know, I was a mess the last time he left me alone like that, and I don't think I will be able to survive this attack. I can handle him; trust me. I said this as I looked at Gab. She gave me a light squeeze as she hugged me, the sadness still evident in her eyes.
I can. I can handle him.

The next day, as soon as I entered the office, I was immediately hit with the strong scent of my ex. He went ahead of me as he looked at me with pure anguish. His eyes were burning red and boy if looks could kill.
I don't think I can handle him.

Life has not been that good to me lately, and I can only blame one person for that; really, there isn't anyone in this world on whom I can put the heavy load of my bad luck. That literal spawn of the devil, Shawnel King.

Besides almost devouring me that day in his office, he is also making sure that I don't get an ounce of relief or a mere sliver of happiness during my working hours.