Our Anniversary

"James, you got an A. Very good." "Amelia, you got a B+, It is good but you will get better," Aby said with a smile. My heartbeat is going crazy here. Aby is announcing the grades for the last test. I tried my best, but I know I got two answers wrong for sure. I want an A or A+ and I have to maintain that grade throughout or else I won't get good clients. My entire coming career is depending on this. Oh god, I can't breathe. How pathetic am I? She is just announcing the grades and here I am about to puke in Mia's lap.

"Ember-" "Yes mam" I stood up from my seat and loudly called out while everyone in the room started looking at me with wide eyes. Aby looked at me with a confused face. "You got an A," she said while giving a single with her palm that I should sit down. My cheeks were red by the stunt I just pulled and I sat down on the desk with my palms on my face.

"Hey, are you okay?" I looked behind, someone just tapped on my shoulder while I looked in the direction from where the tap came from but no one was sitting on that desk. I looked to the opposite side and I saw Adam, one of the trainees, sitting beside me while chuckling to himself. "Nice trick," I said as I rolled my eyes. "Well, you fell for that." He said while he dropped his large book on the desk. "Editing for dummies? Really?" I said while trying to hold my laugh. "Hey, not everyone is good at this like you." He said while grabbing his book and putting it inside his bag. "Good? I can barely understand half of the things happening in the class." "Hey, I heard they have an amazing library on the 5th floor. If you want, we can go there and study whenever we get a break." Well, I could do that. The training is mostly in the first half and the test usually happens every 2 days later. "Yeah, I can do that," I said this to myself but I think Adam heard it or something because he said, something under his breath which I quite couldn't understand very well. "I thought we will go together and you could help me a bit?" He said making a babyface with his lower lip puckered out.

"Um, yeah sure," I said being a little awkward. The fact that a guy just came and talked to me was a little too foreign to me. I kind of stopped talking or as I should say, flirting with any guy after Shaw and I started dating and after the breakup, I deleted all my social media and didn't leave my room for most of the time, so I wasn't in any close proximity with any guy. Now, I have to ask Gab how to talk to guys or how to behave normally with any guy. And did he just ask me to help him out? Suddenly, everything I knew flew out of my mind, and I can't remember anything that has been taught to us in the past few weeks.

"I can't be with you anymore." I texted him while I stood in my washroom, filling the bathtub with hot steamy water. Baths calm me down and, in all reality, everyone feels like I am very weird, sometimes, I bathe 3 times a day, and even when it's cold, I bathe like two times. I got a text back from Shaw. "So, you will give up on me that easily?" it said. Easily? "How will you feel if I doubt you like this?" I wrote back. "Again, I didn't doubt you or your love." He wrote back. My tub was filled and I went ahead to get a towel which took me a minute to reply and when I looked at my phone, I had another reply "Our anniversary is coming, we'll celebrate it the best way possible." He wrote back.

"The anniversary was never celebrated," "You guys broke up before that?" Gab asked me while she ate the huge chocolate, I got for her while coming back from work yesterday. "No, we broke up a week after that," I said lowly while I scrolled through the notes provided by Aby. "And why was it again? I still remember, you called me at around 1 in the morning and cried while thinking why you guys even broke up." "To be honest, I waited for him to message me for a month, even if it was just to fight." My eyes became watery again as Gab came and hugged me. "I think you still are." She said near my ear while my eyes went wide as they will just roll out of my eyelids. The entire night I thought about what Gab said and I couldn't get this thing out of my mind. I couldn't even sleep properly and I was almost late for work because of that.