con job

➵  con job | 𝟎𝟏𝟏◟ 𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗜 ◞ ₊˚⊹♡𝚁𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚁𝚊𝚒𝚗𝙳𝚛𝚘𝚙 ‹𝟹

➵  con job | 𝟎𝟏𝟏
◟ 𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗜 ◞ ₊˚⊹♡
𝚁𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚁𝚊𝚒𝚗𝙳𝚛𝚘𝚙 ‹𝟹

(Y/N) paced the dimly lit corridors of the base, her mind restless and her heart racing with anticipation

(Y/N) paced the dimly lit corridors of the base, her mind restless and her heart racing with anticipation. She couldn't shake the fear that gripped her whenever she closed her eyes, the looming presence of the anomaly haunting her dreams. Sleep eluded her, and she was hella sleep deprived, desperate to avoid the terror that awaited her in the depths of her subconscious.

With every passing minute, her sleep-deprived state became more evident. Dark circles adorned her eyes.

It was well past 2:00 am when she found herself standing before the door to Prime's berth room. Without hesitation, she knocked, the sound echoing in the silence of the night. As the door slid open, revealing the towering figure of Optimus Prime, she couldn't help but feel a pang of uncertainty. But she was determined to NOT sleep.

Prime's expression mirrored her surprise, his optics widening at the sight of her. Why was she here at this hour? Was it for him? The made his spark flutter of excitement, though he tried to suppress it beneath a facade of composure.

He was hoping for a moment of vulnerability from (Y/N), a chance to offer her his protection and reassurance, Optimus silently yearned for her to utter the words he longed to hear – a plea for comfort in the face of her fears. But her words took him aback, shattering his hopes with their unexpectedness.

Instead, (Y/N) simply inquired if he needed assistance. "Prime, is there anything I can help with right now? A mission, a task—anything?" Her voice was steady, though he could see the fatigue etched into her features.

"(Y/N)?" Optimus's optics softened as he gazed down at her petite form.

"No, there is nothing requiring your assistance at this hour. Shouldn't you be resting? You are welcome to stay..." His voice trailed off as she turned to leave, disappointment coloring his words as she retreated from his berth chamber, leaving him with a lingering ache in his spark.

What a bummer... he would have liked for her to stay, but he was not one to force, unless necessary.

(Y/N) made her way to the medbay, hoping to find solace in the presence of Ratchet. Perhaps he would have a task for her, something to distract her from the relentless grip of exhaustion and fear.