Secret Boredom: Act II

Act II (England X Reader)

A/N: I'm back! And I will admit this now, yes, this act is a little unrealistic since you know a passage is never that long or wide heh heh. But I just wanted to make it a little more intense and interesting so please don't hate on me too much please? I appreciate it (: Anyway, sorry for the delay. Truth be told, I was in a rut and I couldn't get out of it until now...so hear ya go! (I seem to get them a lot now...it really sucks ^^; ) But please do enjoy and don't be afraid to comment and/or fav!! Thank you!!

------------

While your eyes filtered the darkness, you felt Arthur's presence shift a little behind you. Startled, you moved away from his figure only to head butt your way into something rather hard. Groaning in pain, you rubbed your sore forehead before you felt around for this mysterious painful object. Instantly, your hands connect with it only to feel rather conflicted. It was cold and hard but there was a round top... Curious, you reached up and in only to cringe away after feeling something rather slimy and wet on your fingers. Grossed out, you quickly wiped your fingers against the stone wall while a small "eww" escaped from your lips. What the hell had you touched?

"Miss [l/n]?" You suddenly heard Arthur's voice behind you.

"Yeah?" You continued to wipe away this mysterious slime.

"If I recall correctly, there should be a torch not too far away from your head," He pointed out bluntly. "Could you bring it over to me please?" Oh...so that's what it was. You must have accidently stuck your fingers into the oil. But what really confused you was Arthur. Why hadn't he said something before you struck your forehead with it? Had he not notice your struggle at all?

"Yeah I guess," You mumbled and grabbed for the cold torch. Within a matter of seconds you saw a spark of light before it turned into a small flame. You could muster out his features a bit in this lighting, however, that soon changed when your torch suddenly burst into a ball of light.

"There," He smiled satisfactorily. "That's better..." You watched as the flame danced about in his grasp until it passed you as so did his figure. "Now let's get going...we need to beat those blasted guards before they reach the next entrance..."

"And," You quickly caught up to his walking figure, curious. "Which one is that?"

"Well...there's several ones..." He frowned at the thought.

"Oh well that makes things a little hard for us, doesn't it?" Your eyes racked the cemented walls around the both of you.

"Not exactly," You suddenly heard a small dark chuckle emit from him. Startled by this sound, you quickly gave him another look over before you found yourself staring into that smirk of his.

"You're weird, you know that," You bluntly commented. He seriously was starting to creep you out a bit.

"You're not exactly the norm either," You flinched slightly from his comeback.

"I was just stating the truth," You pouted allowing a very small sigh to escape from the man beside you.

"That wasn't exactly an insult, you know," The fire flickered.

"That was a compliment!?" One of your eyebrows perked up. "Really?"

"Anyway," His voice changed tone, more tense than before. "What were you doing alone when I first found you? As I recall, you were with a tour group before..."

"Shit—"

"Language."

"Uh," Your lips twitched nervously. "You see...that is, uh, a good question..."