Chapter 16

Today I decided to go to work a-little later. I wanted to clean, and prepare something for dinner, so all I have to do is put in the oven when we get home.
SANEM: "hello Ahan, how are you?"
AHAN:  "I'm fine Sanem, but, ( hesitating) your stepdad was here again, accusing me of knowing were you are,  I told him I didn't know, but I don't think he believes me. Thank god, Osman came when he did and scared I'm off."
SANEM: "what the hell is problem can't he just leave me alone. " "listen Ahan don't let him get to you." Hopefully he will get drunk and fall of a cliff somewhere ". They both laughed, and said at the same time, if only we were so lucky." Ahan I have to go to work, I will call you as soon as I can."
The girls hang up, but Sanems brain was going crazy, what happens if he finds me, what if he hurts Aziz, Can , or Emre. And even my sister who is now in the picture again.
Ok Sanem calm down, breathe, panicking will get you nowhere, go to work and try to put the past behind you.
—-
I walk into work and I see my buddy CeCe,  he's such a good friend always looking out for me, he's alittle strange but a good soul.
SANEM: good morning CeCe,
CeCe: good morning Sanem, we have a busy day today, putting the finishing touch on the compass campaign. 
All of  a sudden I look at CeCe and just staring at someone. I turn around to see princess toothpick behind me. Ugh can my day get any  worse. 
POLEN: hello Salem, (sarcastically)
SANEM: my name is Sanem.  ( as if you didn't know you bean pole)
POLEN: "I came to see My Can.  You know we missed each other, we haven't seen each other in a while."
CeCe whispers to Sanem. She's marking her territory, like a dog in heat . They both started snickering. 
Polan walks away like she has a broom up her ass.
CECE: "be careful Sanem, she's very jealous of you."
SANEM: "of me why?  She's the model not me."
CECE: "she feels threatened, she sees the way Can bay looks at you."
SANEM: "what are you talking about, I don't think Can would be interested in someone like me" look at her ,and look at me." You wrong CeCe.!"
CECE : "Sanem that man is crazy about you.  Polen means nothing to him,  Can bay, is a very simple man, even though he has money, he treats everyone equally.  He doesn't like high society stuff.  He's a good man open your eyes Sanem." You are beautiful inside and out, but Polen is not."
CeCe made me think is it possible, I mean we do get along well, we laugh a lot together.  He does like to tease me a lot , actually I think he enjoys it.  Honestly so do I. I know how I feel.  I think CeCe doesn't know what he's talking about.   We will see.
As I'm walking to the office with Can's tea snd Coffee for the princes, I hear Can say, "Polen, why did you come again." I told you we're not together and never will be.  I ended things months ago with you. What is your problem?"go back to London, and find someone that will love you and appreciate the person you are."
POLEN: Can, don't you think are relationship deserves a chance, we been together for almost 3 years.?"
CAN:  not even three, we only saw each other several times a year., that wouldn't even add up to a month."
Sanem listening to all this is smiling from ear to ear, she's so happy. All of sudden Leyla comes around the corner. Sanem? "What are you doing, are you listening to their conversation?" Sanem keeps smiling with a huge smile, nodding her head up and down, Leyla can't help but smile along with her.
SANEM: he's trying to get rid of her, but she's being very stubborn."
LEYLA:  "I don't blame him. He's too nice for her . Can bay, is a simple man, she's too extravagant for him. Sanem I noticed how he looks at you ,give him a chance, he's a gentle giant, with a good heart. Everybody around here loves him.."
Thinking of what Leyla and CeCe said, I will try to give a chance.  But how do I do it , I've never had a boyfriend before. 
All of a sudden I hear Polens voice raised.  "It's that Mahalle girl isn't it Can  ?I see the way you look at her she's nothing compared to me. She's a simple girl with no brains comes for the poor side of town no class,  you deserve somebody better with class and a higher education. You will tire of her .  That's ok I'll be waiting for you when you get bored of her." You know where to find me!!"
Boy the bull saw red, wow , Sanem went onto Can's office and if looks could kill.!!
SANEM: who do you think you're talking about? me ?really ? Do you have any idea what you're saying? You might be rich and educated, but you have no class,  you have no clue how to treat people it's a shame you got an education maybe they should've gave you classes and how to treat people with respect no matter where they come from.!! And I think Can is making the right decision. He's too good of a human being you don't deserve him.. and if it's me who he wants , at least he will know that he would be my first and my last.!! Goodbye Polen have a nice day!!!
And with that Sanem left with tears in her eyes and angry as hell.