Chapter 2: Introductions

The throne room was silent after the death of Vult. His body lay in a pool of its own blood and Vult's head, which was still being held by the cloaked figure, was then dropped and it tumbled in front of Olga who looked down at it, and despite the situation, smiled at the demise of such a vile worm. The cloaked figure then looked in the direction of the remaining men, but Kin was quick to act. He used a light spell to act as a distraction but the spell was immediately canceled before it could be activated, making the mage ponder what just happened. Kin realized that neither might nor magic would work and decided to run with all the speed he could muster to the throne room door without even bothering with the rest of his comrades.

"H...hey wait a sec!" An orc yelled out and proceeded to run after Kin, with the others following suit.

The men all ran for their lives yet the cloaked figure simply stood there without pursuing them. Now there were only Olga, Chloe and the cloaked figure that remained and an awkward silence soon filled in the room. Chloe quickly pulled out a sword from one of the mercenary's corpses and used her body as a shield to protect her queen. As she and the cloaked figure stared at each other, Chloe was only able to see a dark void within the hood of the tall and mysterious being. Her legs began to shake and her heart rate soared as the fear gripping her was far beyond anything she has experienced in her life. The cloaked figure took a step towards the two of them with a gray light wrapping around their body, cleaning all of Vult's blood that splattered on them. Chloe panicked and swung the blade out towards the anomaly as a warning.

"Stay away you demon!" she shouted in desperation. The room went silent again and the only noise that was made was the sound of Chloe's heavy breathing and sweat dropping onto the floor of the throne room. Olga was looking at the cloaked figure with a curious gaze as she didn't sense any malice coming from the being.

She placed a hand on her attendant's shoulder. "Lower your weapon."

Chloe flinched at this order. "My queen, what are you saying? We are in danger!"

"Didn't you realize? This being saved you from being raped by the orcs. And they killed the worms that kept me close to their blades. If we were meant to die then we'd be dead, right?" Olga said and looked up towards the cloaked figure.

They nodded their head in confirmation.

"Are...you serious?" Chloe asked, gripping her blade's handle tighter and the cloaked figure nodded their head again.

They then held their hand out, making Chloe flinch but what happened next surprised them both. Olga's power dampening collar vanished from her neck and into the figure's hand. They examined it for a bit before a tear in space formed next to them, making Olga and Chloe gasp in shock. The figure placed the collar inside and pulled out Olga's magic staff suddenly, making it slowly travel to Olga. It stopped in front of her and she looked at it quizzically and then at the hooded figure who nodded their head again. Olga grabbed her staff and held it close, as she felt a part of her that was missing came back. Chloe, unable to process what was happening, decided to follow her queen's order and lowered her sword. The cloaked figure then reached for their hood to remove it and the two dark elves looked on with curiosity at the identity of their savior. The cloaked figure removed their hood slowly and revealed a face that made both Olga and Chloe quickly feel a warm sensation in their bodies and their eyes widened with surprise.

Under the dark hood was the face of a handsome, dark skinned man who looked as if he could pass as a human. His long black hair flowed down to his waist and his eyes had a powerfully intense look within them. His black sclera looked like the stars in the night sky and his golden, star shaped irises glowed with the vibrancy of a gold ingot. Chloe's face went flush and she looked away with embarrassment. Olga on the other hand was lost in his eyes and she felt a sensation within her body that she never thought she would ever experience for a man in her lifetime.