The Helpful Gallaghers

"What's Hymie doing here?" Gwen asked as she, Pete, Ian, Fiona and Jimmy came downstairs and found Frank sitting at the table with Hymie.

"I'm baby-sitting." He answered and Gwen didn't believe him.

"No, serious, what are you doing?" She repeated, making them chuckle except for Frank as he glared at her.

"Why the fuck would Sheila ever leave her grandson with you?" Pete questioned as he made himself some coffee and poured some OJ for Gwen.

"She popping pills again?" Ian guessed/questioned.

"Sheila happens to think very highly of my ability to raise bright, independent children." Frank stated and Pete and Gwen scoffed.

"You're not leaving Hymie here, Frank." Fiona deadpanned.

"Yeah, Debbie's already got a full house and doesn't need to add taking care of a special needs kid to her list." Gwen added.

"Challenges foster growth." Frank protested, "You can't prevent Debbie from an opportunity to grow."

Gwen and Fiona shook their heads, "Not happening." "Fuck off, Frank." They clamored.

"Carl, what are you doing?" Pete asked, noticing Carl with a pair of scissors and Lip's sheets as he sat next to Frank at the table.

"Making a sleeping bag." Carl answered simply.

"These are Lip's sheets." Fiona groaned as she took them from his hands.

"Not anymore."

"All right, take my ROTC sleeping bag, huh?" Ian suggested.

"Really?" Carl grinned.

"Yeah." Ian nodded, as he headed back upstairs, "I'll grab it from upstairs."

"Why couldn't you win a raffle for camp when I was little, Frank?" Fiona asked Frank.

"Fortune dispenses randomly." Frank shrugged.

"I hated camp." Jimmy said.

"Nobody asked you Jimbo." Gwen snapped.

"Don't listen to Jamie, Carl." Frank told his son, making Gwen and Pete chuckle at the nickname.

"Jimmy." Jimmy corrected.

"All right, me and Pete are gonna head over to the Albi, so we'll see you in a week, bud." Gwen went over to hug Carl and he embraced her tightly.

"Out of you and Fiona, you've always been my favorite oldest sister." Carl whispered in her ear, making her smile softly.

"And you're my favorite." Gwen kissed his forehead as they pulled away and went over to Pete and hugged him too and he also returns the embrace.

"Thank you for making me an uncle." Carl said softly, "And for being such a good brother."

"You're welcome, little man." Pete smiled as he and Carl did they're 'secret' brotherly shake, "Don't worry, we'll see you in a week." He assured Carl as he turned back to Gwen, this time holding her baby bump in both hai hands.

"I love you, baby." He kissed her baby bump, and looked up at his sisters, "You too still coming up with baby names?"

Gwen and Pete nodded.

"Why didn't you call it Carl, like me?" He suggested and they both laughed at that.

"We can't name the baby after you Carl." Gwen chuckled, "It's a girl."