Just Like the Pilgrims Intended

⚠️Warning: this chapter contains self harm and suicide attempt. ⚠️

It's been days since Monica has fallen into another one of her depressive episodes and has yet to get out of bed. Fiona is still rounding up as much as she can by returning/pawning all of Grammy's gifts. Gwen was helping out but was conflicted; wondering if she should give Fiona her and Pete's money.

"What else did Grammy buy you guys?" Fiona asked Ian and Carl as they sat at the kitchen counter, while Pete sat at the table, looking through a book titled; 'The Baby Name Wizard.' Sorry, buddy, gotta sell everything." She said as she took the iPad from Liam.

"She still won't get out of her room." Debbie said, disappointedly as she came downstairs, referring to Monica.

"I know what I want for Christmas." Carl grinned as he read a magazine.

"Yeah, what's that, bud?" Pete asked, not taking his eyes off his book, "Ooh... Daniel... Peter.... Manning." He mumbled as he wrote it down.

"I told you not to go up there." Fiona told Debbie, ignoring Carl, "Leave her alone."

"Well, how's she gonna eat?" Debbie questioned.

"You're still looking for boy names?" Gwen asked her boyfriend, and he just shrugged, "You know, we may have a girl."

"An AR-15 rifle." Carl said, grinning widely.

"She'll figure it out when she gets hungry." Fiona told Debbie and faced Carl, "No one's buying you a rifle."

"Maybe when you're older." Gwen whispered in his ear, making him smile widely.

"Is something wrong with her?" Debbie asked, still talking about Monica, "She hasn't gotten out of bed in days."

"Just what she does." Fiona signed.

"What is?" Debbie asked. And Gwen looked at her with a sad expression.

"You'll understand when you're older." Gwen placed her hand on Debbie's shoulder.

"Little Hank has a rifle." Carl spoke.

"Little Hank was raised by wolves, buddy." Pete said, "Seth... ooh that sounds badass." He wrote that down and Gwen shook her head at him, smiling softly.

"Mom's bipolar, Debs." Ian told her.

Debbie looked confused, "So, like the North and South Pole?"

"Sort of." Ian nodded.

"It's where you feel very high one minute and very low the next." Gwen explained, softly, she really hated explained this to Debbie, she deserved to have some innocence in her childhood.

"What can we do to help?" Debbie asked.

"Not much. Just wait it out." Fiona signed.

"For how long?"

"Until she snaps out of it." Gwen told her, "Which she always does."

"It just takes time." Fiona added.

"I wish Lip were here." Debbie frowned, "You should call him. He'll know what to do."

"There's nothing to do, Debs." Fiona signed, "It is what it is."

Gwen hugged her youngest sister form behind as she leaned her head against her, "I miss Lip too, sweetie. I promise, we're gonna figure this out." She kisses her forehead, softly, making Debbie smile at her, "There's that smile."

"Well." Ian spoke up as he got out of his chair, grabbing the breakfast Debbie made for Monica, "I'll see if I can get her up." He walked toward the stairs.