About a week later I enter the great hall for breakfast. Noticing the twins sitting at the Gryffindor table I decide to join them. "Morning boys," I say, sitting down next to George. "Morning Love," George responds with a grin. "Morning Love?" Fred teases, giving me a teasing kissy face. I poke my tongue out at him, receiving a nasty look from Angelina Johnston. What's her problem. I shrug it off as I grab a piece of toast. Moments later a Gryffindor student brings something over to Ron, whose sitting opposite us. "Parcel for you Mr. Weasley." The kid says politely. "Thank you Nigel." Ron responds, taking the package from him. But the kid doesn't just leave he stands there glancing at Harry. Ron turns around whispering something to the kid, shooing him away. Hermione gives Ron a look. "What I promised him id get him Harry's autograph." Ron shrugs off, proceeding to unwrap his gift. "Oh look mum's sent me something. Ron pulls some clothing out of the box, standing holding it against his body. "Mum sent me a dress." Ron shrieks. Causing the twins and I to giggle. George proceeds to wrap his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I feel those butterflies in my stomach again and my face starting to true pink. "Well, it does match you're eyes. Is there a bonnet. Ah ha" Harry jokes, pulling out the bonnet from the box. 

"Ginny, these must be for you." Ron walks over to where his sister is sitting. "I'm not wearing that, its ghastly." She responds. Causing Hermione and I to laugh. "What are you on about." Ron asks us giggling girls. "There not for Ginny." Hermione tells him. "There for you." I add, laughter all around us. The twins laughing louder than everyone at their brother. "Dress robes." Hermione and I say in unison. "Dress robes, for what." Ron asks. We all shrug. Guess we will find out soon. 

Later that evening in the dungeons ball room. Snape has the girls and boys sitting on opposite sides of the room. "The yule ball, has been a tradition of the Triwizard tournament since its inception. On Christmas eve night, we and our guests gather in the great hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity," Snape tells us in his usual monotone voice. "As representatives of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward. And I mean this literally because the yule ball Is, first and foremost a dance." He continues. "You don't sound enthused about that Snape. Who are you going to dance with" I blurt out, making a few students erupt with laughter. "Enough of your nonsense Miss Malfoy. That's professor Snape to you." I give him a salute back, as he scowls. I have a feeling he will speak to me about this later. I'm honestly surprised he hasn't given me detention. 

"The house of Salazar Slytherin has commanded the determination to represent the best house Slytherin. Draco turns to his Slytherin pose and boasts. "Miss Malfoy get up here." Snape calls. I turn to look behind me and shrug. "Now Asteria," He roars still in his monotone voice, just louder. "You're going to get in trouble," Pansy sings. "Shut it pug-face." I groan, causing my brother and some other boys laugh. I stand up and make my way over to where Snape is standing. "Mr. Nott," Snape gestures, Theo to join us. Oh no he's going to make us dance. Well I'm glad I don't have to actually dance with Snape. I hear a loud groan from the boys side as they realise they didn't get to be picked to dance with me. I'm going to get bombarded with guys asking me to the ball aren't I. Theo walks up happily holding his hands out to dance with me. "Put your hand on her waist." Snape tells him as he reaches around turning on the speaker. Slow dance music starts playing and I place mine on his shoulder while holding his other hand out in front of us. "Good, keep going." Snape tells us. We both really get into this dancing, everyone awes as we dance together perfectly. We have had heaps of practice at our family gatherings.

I don't know how long we were slow dancing for, I guess this is my punishment for being rude earlier. He knows I like George. He took my journal off me one time during potions, as I was not paying attention. So he saw my drawings of George Weasley with hearts everywhere. And even more embarrassing the page where I had written my full name with his. 

'Miss Asteria Lux Weasley'

It goes nicely together don't you think. What's wrong with me. This is strange I have never have these feelings for anyone before.

***

Thursday 16th December 

Over the next few weeks I couldn't tell you how many boys asked me to go to the yule ball with them. I even had to turn down Victor Krum. Mum had sent me a beautiful long green strapless dress for the ball. Every time I heard my name called I got so used to replying with 'no' that I didn't realise it was Atti's voice. "Oh shit sorry Atti." I apologized, obviously startling him at my sudden outburst. "What was that about," He asks. "All these guys have been asking me to the ball. I just got used to saying 'no' and It just popped out." I reply with a sigh. "Oh that's okay." He replies. "Well, who would you say yes to?" He blurts out. "You know it's George. I'm just waiting for him to ask me. If he does. I hope he does, otherwise I will have to make other arrangements. "Asteria, chill. I'm sure he'll ask you soon." Atti says, chuckling softly. "We all know you fancy each other." He teases, walking straight past me to take a seat next to Hermione. 

I take a breath and head over to join them. I decide on sitting next to George and my brother. "Don't get any ideas about copying me," I glare at my brother as I sit down. He puts his hands behind his back. "I would never," He tells me grinning like an idiot. I roll my eyes, I know he's bloody crossing his fingers behind his back like he did when we were younger. That's how we could tell Draco was lying. 

"This is mad. At this rate, we'll be the only ones in our year without dates." Ron moans. Snape hears him talking and shoves his head back down to finish his paper in silence. "We'll us and Neville." Ron whispers to Harry. "Yeah, but, then again, he can take himself." Harry jokes. "It might interest you to know, Neville's already got someone." Hermione tells him. "Aww now I'm really depressed." Ron moans after a big sigh. Fred writes something on a piece of paper and glides it towards Ron. "Who are you going with then." Ron responds in a whisper. Fred winks before screwing another piece of paper into a ball and throws it in Angelina's direction hitting her shoulder. 

"Oi, Angelina?" He whispers.

"What?" She whispers back.

 "Do you wanna go.. to the ball.. with me?" He mimics the whole thing with his hands.

"To the ball? Yeah, alright." She replies with a smile.

 Fred turns and gives the goofiest wink ever back to Ron. "That's how it's done, mate." Fred turns, whispering towards George. He then winks at me before going back to his test. After the test was finished we could talk again and Atti speaks up first "If it makes you feel any better, I don't have a date yet, either." "Same here" Alex pipes up. I feel bad I didn't even realise he was there.

"Yeah, me too." I sighs with a nod. Hoping to get the attention of a certain someone to ask me. "Oi, Asteria." Ron pipes up. "No." I reply just like I had done with the many other boys. "Mate, you're dreaming" George says smirking. "She said she wasn't going with anyone yet." Ron states.

"Yeah, she's going with me, if that's okay with you?" 

George blurts out suddenly, turning his head to me, awaiting my response. "Yes, I would love to." I could feel my whole face turning pink. 

"About bloody time." Alex scoffs.

I grin even harder as I notice George's ears turn pink.