First Hogsmede Trip

The next few defense against the dark arts classes I found interesting cause we studied Red Caps, which are nasty little goblin-like creatures that lurked wherever there had been bloodshed. Then we moved onto Kappa's, creepy water-dwellers that looked like scaly monkeys, with webbed hands. Snape was in a horrible mood as the story of the Snape boggart dressed in Neville's grandmothers clothes got around the school. He was horrible to Neville ever since. Draco and the other Slytherins stopped going to care of magical creatures since the 'incident', and Hagrid's classes weren't the same as we learnt about were how to look after Flobberworms.

***

Sunday, October 31st 1993

'BANG' 'BANG' "Asteria get up were going to Hogsmede. With or without you." I hear my brothers voice outside my door. "Coming" I yell back, before stretching and getting out of bed. I shiver at the crisp cold air. I put on some black skinny jeans paired with a black and white striped woolen sweater and black boots. I sigh as I look at the time, realising I have missed breakfast, but I know the Great Hall will be decorated with its usual pumpkins, cobwebs, and floating candles, giving it the spooky vibe I'm used to. I chance my hair to the silvery blonde hair I'm now used to with a flick of my wand and head out of my room.

"Now remember!" McGonagall calls out as all the third years gather outside in the main courtyard of Hogwarts. "These visits to Hogsmeade village are a privilege. Should your behavior reflect poorly on the school in any way that privilege shall not be extended again." "All those with permission follow me." Filch calls out, leading the students down the path away from the school. "Those without, stay put." He spoke, glaring down at Harry Potter. I kind of feel sorry for the boy. I join up with Alex and Atticus, and we make our way along the bridge together. The sight of the bustling streets with students from all houses, all dressed in their casual clothes reminds me of Diagon Ally. 

We start our adventure by heading to Honeydukes, the famous sweet shop. The moment I step inside, I'm instantly hit by the sweet sugary scent of sweets. The shelves are lined with colorful packages, and I head over to grab my favourite sweets, Blood Lollipops and Licorice wands. "Can we go to Zonko's next. I want to get something for the twins" I ask as we leave the shop.  We make our way to the joke Shop, where the shelves are stocked with prank items of all kinds. We share a laugh at the Skiving Snackboxes and the Extendable Ears. I look around and decide to get the twins some Dungbombs and Nose-Biting Teacups for their pranks.

The Three Broomsticks is our next stop, where the tree of us sit down for a butterbeer to warm up. It's a very cozy atmosphere, with the sound of chatter and laughter filling the air from many other students. I sip my drink and laugh and chat with my friends. But deep down wondering if I will get in trouble being seen in public with Alex and Atti.

As were wandering around checking out the other shops. Alex comes up with an idea. "Hey! Do you guys wanna come see my house? It's not far from here." He says, with a smile on his face. Atticus and I share a glance before nodding excitedly. Alex leads us down an off-road. Moments later we're met with a charming little cottage, which is nestled at the end of a winding cobblestone path, surrounded by a well-tended garden bursting with colorful flowers. I'm amazed at the cute little cottage, as Its soo different to the big mansion I live in. 

Atti and I exchange another ecstatic glance. "Wow, Alex, your house is absolutely beautiful!" Atticus says, looking around once more. "Yeah, it's like a fairytale cottage. You're so lucky to live here." I tell him. Alex blushes with pride and leads us up the cobblestone path to the front door. "I'm glad you like it," Alex says with a grin as he opens the door and invites us inside. The interior of the cottage is just as charming as the exterior. It's cozy and warm, with a crackling fireplace, and tasteful decorations that give it a rustic yet elegant feel. The afternoon sunlight streaming in through the windows casts a warm and inviting glow on the room. We explore the house, admiring the quaint details and personal touches that make it uniquely Alex and Professor McGonagall's home. He proudly shows us his book collection, a comfortable dining nook by the window, and the well-equipped kitchen. He then leads us upstairs to his bedroom. Its mesmerizing, only because I'm so used to the dark and gloomy Malfoy Manor.

It's a small and plain room in contrast to the rest of the cottage's cozy and well-decorated interior. Inside, there is a single bed neatly made, a little desk covered in books, and not much else. The bed is simple but looks comfortable, with a neatly arranged quilt and a few throw pillows. The walls of the room are painted in a calming, plain color but giving the space a serene ambiance. The most striking feature of the room is the little desk against one wall. It's covered in a messy pile of books, some open and displaying his handwriting in the margins. There's an old desk lamp with a warm, soft glow that provides a cozy reading nook. The desk seems to be Alex's personal haven, where he spends hours lost in his own world. Despite the clutter on the desk, the rest of the room is surprisingly uncluttered. The simplicity of the space stands out in contrast to the rest of the cottage's vibrant and cozy atmosphere. As we stand in his bedroom, we can see how this little corner of the cottage holds a special place in Alex's heart, where he can retreat into his own space and find solace in its simplicity. It's a reminder that even in the coziest of homes, there are hidden nooks that reveal a person's unique personality and passions. As we spend time in Alex's cottage, it becomes clear that it reflects his personality – warm, welcoming, and full of creativity. We chat, share stories, and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere. It's a perfect autumn day, made even more special by the unexpected visit to this charming haven.

I imagine our rooms being similar, with all our favourite books laying around and our own comfortable reading nooks.

As the sun begins to set, we make our way back to Hogwarts. Our bags filled with sweets and presents. It's been a exciting and unforgettable first visit to Hogsmeade. I cant wait to go again and even more so I cant wait to give Fred and George the presents I got them for their pranks. I feel my face heat up at the thought of Georges big smile.