Questionable Bullying Techniques

Our next DADA class was interesting, as we were all sitting at our desks waiting for Professor Lupin to get here. All of a sudden Snape bursts through the door, waving his wand, closing the shutters on the windows as he walks down the isle. He pulls down the projector screen then turns to face us. "Turn to page 394". Everyone looks confused as they open their books, to the right page. "Excuse me, Sir. Where's Professor Lupin?" Harry asks, as Snape passes him. "That's not really your concern, is it, Potter? Suffice it to say your professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time. Turn to page 394." Snape tells us, before tapping his wand on the projector, turning it on. Huh werewolves, interesting. It must have been a full moon last night, Lupin is probably wrecked from turning.

"But sir, we've just learned about red caps and hinkypunks. Were not meant to start nocturnal beasts for weeks." Hermione blurts out. I'm confused I thought the seat next to Harry was empty then all of a sudden Hermione shows up. "Quiet. Now, which one of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus and a werewolf?" Snape asks the class pacing down the isle between our desks. Hermione puts her hand up, of course as well as Alex and Atti. "No one? How disappointing. Miss Malfoy." Snape says ignoring the other raised hands. But before I'm about to tell everyone the answer Hermione interrupts. "Please, sir. An Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice. With each full moon, when he transforms, he no longer remembers who he is. He'd kill his best friend if he crossed his path. Furthermore the werewolf only responds to the call of its own kind." 

"Awoooooooo" 

Draco howls next to me at response to Hermione's answer. Which makes me laugh, feeling slightly better having her interrupt me. "Thank you, Mr. Malfoy. That's the second time you've spoken out of turn Miss Granger. Are you incapable of restraining yourself  or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?" Snape calls her out, which makes Draco and I snicker. "Five points from Gryffindor. As an antidote to your ignorance, and on my desk by Monday morning, two rolls of parchment on the werewolf, with particular emphasis on recognizing it." While Snape is talking Draco draws a moving picture next to me and I'm surprised at his attempt of drawing Harry playing quidditch and getting struck by lightning. He then makes it into an origami bird and blows on it to make it fly onto Harrys desk. "Sir, it's quidditch tomorrow." Harry questions. Snape leans onto his desk and gets in his face. "Then I suggest you take extra care, Mr. Potter. Loss of limb will not excuse you. Page 394."

"The term 'werewolf' is a contraction of the Anglo-Saxon word 'wer' which means 'man,' and 'wolf.' Werewolf, man-wolf. There are several ways to become a werewolf. Draco and I are watching as Harry opens up the origami bird, but I'm still listening to Snape. "They include being given the power of shape-shifting, being bitten by a werewolf, and being born a werewolf." 

That night in the common room Blaze, Theo and I cant stop laughing at the fact that Draco thought that blowing an origami-folded drawing to Harry like a kiss was a good bullying technique. 

The next day its windy and pouring down with rain. I'm all wrapped up in a green raincoat and jeans with my Slytherin scarf wrapped around my neck. Watching the quidditch match against Gryffindor and Hufflepuff. Slytherin was supposed to play but because of Draco's arm they changed matches. Cheers are heard from the Gryffindor side as they yell for Harry. I watch Fred and George carefully, hoping nothing happens to them in this horrible weather. I notice Cedric zoom up into the sky after the snitch most likely, with Harry close behind him. They become obscured by the clouds. Moments later Cedric flies down sort of safely. It looks like he might have been shocked by some lightning. Harry is no where to be seen, until suddenly he falls down through the clouds without his broom, everyone is in shock and screaming. "Aresto momentum" Dumbledore speaks loudly saving Harry from the fall.  The game continues and Cedric catches the snitch ending the match and causing Hufflepuff the win.

"He looks a bit peaky, doesn't he?" Ron says, as the Gryffindor team, plus Ron Hermione and standing around Harry's bed in the hospital wing. "Peaky" Fed questions. "What do you expect?" George says. "He fell over 100 feet." I add, receiving a smile from George as I finish their sentences. "Yeah, come on on Ron, Let's walk you off the astronomy tower and see what you look like." Fred teases, as Ron gives him a look. "Probably a right sight better than he normally does." Harry speaks, finally waking up. We all let out a laugh and a sigh or relief. "How are you feeling?" Hermione asks as Harry as he sits up in bed. "Oh, brilliant." Harry says sarcastically. "You gave us a right good scare there, mate." George says, pulling up a chair next to the bed. "What happened?" Harry asks putting on his glasses. George motions for me to come sit on his lap. I smile but stay standing.

"Well, you fell off your broom." Ron tells him, holding his broken broom in his hands. "Really? I meant the match. Who won?" Harry asks confused. "Um, No one blames you, Harry. The Dementors aren't supposed to come inside the grounds. Dumbledore was furious. as soon as he saved you, he sent them straight off." Hermione blabs. "There's something else you should know too, Harry. When you fell, your broom sort of blew into the Whomping Willow and... Well" Ron shows Harry his broken up broom.

After talking to harry, Fred, George and I walk over to Atti to check on Cedric. Fred taps Atti on the shoulder. "How's he holding up?" He asks, taking a seat beside Atti, and George and I find more seats around the other side of the bed. I cant help but notice Cedric, he looks a little battered and bruised and has a soft lightning strike of a scar running up his right arm. Must have been where he got struck with the lightning. We laugh and talk for ages, Fred and George sharing all their prank stories, making Cedric laugh.