Brilliant but Scary

We end up at the doors to the room of requirement, Alex pushes them open and as I enter its pitch black but as my eyes adjust and I notice a dark cupboard in the middle of the room. I feel Atticus's hand reach out grabbing my arm. "Lumos," Alex whispers as the tip of his wand dimly illuminates a small space. I watch as Alex walks toward the cupboard, opens it, and takes out a small, blood-red potion, producing a small amount in a crystal vial. "What's that..?" Atticus asks as he lets go of my hand and casting, Lumos with his wand to see more clearly. "Close the door, and whatever you do, don't let me out. I'm about to do something either really cool or really stupid. When it's done, take my wand and hold onto it... Please." Alex said, barking out orders again.

Atticus quickly picks up Alex's wand that had rolled in front of him, then instinctively puts his arm in front of me, leading me back towards the wall. "He's becoming an Animagus!" Atticus announces, My eyes widen in excitement "Wicked!" We watch the events unfold. I can't even watch as he lies convulsing on the floor in the fetal position, in a lot of pain. Seconds later Alex was literally a ball of fluff, was he a small dog? A small malamute dog. I hear him howl out, seemingly in pain. He tries to stand up on his little legs, but just falls back down. "Alex..?" Atticus speaks up, taking a step forward as both Atticus's and Alex's wands shine in his hands. I follow him close by to get a closer look at Alex. He was mostly black, with white paws, and a mask-like pattern across his fluffy face, apart from two white-looking eyebrows. The cute Alex pup waddles over to us, panting heavily. "AURAHORORRURURURR" He barks happily as my face lights up. "Aww!" I exclaims as Atticus and I get on our knees and begin petting him. "What a cutie!" Atticus then exclaims before watching him chase his tail. We can't help but giggle as we watch him.

He tries to paw at his wand, which was being held in Atticus's hand. I cant help but have a huge grin on my face, he's soooo adorable. "I don't think you'll be able to hold this in your paws, bud." Atticus says as he lets out a giggle. His little head falls to the ground in shame, Atticus lowers his wand, illuminating his face. He flops onto his bum, sitting like a little toddler. His body starts morphing back to his human self. "Well that was bloody brilliant." He exclaims very excitedly, "Sorry if it scared you a bit!" "It's no problem, I just wish you'd told us." Atticus said, still with a smile on his face. Alex placed his hand on his neck awkwardly, "Sorry it's just, really time sensitive. Didn't want to miss it and have to have a mandrake leaf under my tongue for a whole 'nother month, you know?" He replied apologetically. We both nod with a smile. "Fair enough" I say before Atticus speaks, "I completely understand." He says as if to tell Alex were fine with it, just glad he's safe. Alex said he was going to practicing transforming back and forth, for the next hour, so he could get used to the transformation process. "I might go get some sleep," I say to the others as Atticus sits down on the couch to start reading reading "Mystifying Charms and Curses" his wand ready to illuminate the pages with Lumos.

'Pureblood' I speak quietly, the door to the common room opens, as I head in though I'm bombarded by questions from a worried and furious Draco. "Where have you been? I saw that 'half-blood' grab you pull you out of the Great Hall. Did he hurt you. If he did father will hear about it. "DRACO" I yell, breaking him out of his manic pacing. "Just STOP, nobody has hurt me apart from you." I glance up with tears in my eyes, his face looking shocked. "I never hurt you," he mutters. "Yes Draco you hurt my shoulder when you grabbed it the other day, but you don't care do you. Ever since we came here, you're always angry with me hanging out with the 'half-blood' and 'mud-blood', as you call them. But they are my friends Draco, I just want my twin back, but it looks like he's long gone." I look down at my chest with blurry vision from my tears I manage to notice my hair has turned blue. "What's going on," I hear Blaise's tired voice coming from the stairs of the boys dorm. "Ask her, she's gone mental." Draco retorts, sounding like a scared little baby. I push past him and go sit on the couch, throwing off my shoes to pull my legs up to my chest, holding them as I wipe more tears that fall with my sleeve.

Second later Blaise sits down next to me, "Asteria deep down he cares about you, I know he does." "Well he doesn't know how to show it if he does." I sniffle. "He's changed Blaise, ever since coming to school, he never used to be so hell bent on blood status, I just want my best friend back, I miss him." I blubber out. "I know, I'm sorry." Blaise says pulling me towards him hugging me softly. As he comforts me we talk for another hour or so mostly about Draco. Blaise and I both agree we should hang out more. He finally gets up and asks me, if ill be okay before heading off to bed. I nod in agreement and stay sitting on the couch thinking for a moment before I feel my eyes droop as I fall into a deep slumber.

Draco's pov:

"What's going on," I hear Blaise's voice ring through my ears. "Ask her, she's gone mental." I blurt out without event thinking. 'Why did I say that'. In my fury and anger I notice her hair has changed to blue, 'oh great I've made my sister sad, what have I done.' I think to myself in a daze. She pushes past me and sits on the couch sobbing. Blaise gestures me over to him and places a finger over his lips, as if to wait here and be quiet. Blaise heads over to comfort my sister on the couch. My heart breaks knowing I've broken her heart, I didn't mean to, I was protecting her, or so I thought. "I just want my best friend back, I miss him." As Asteria says this I think to myself I'm going to try be that friend again for my sister because I do love her. I notice her drift off to sleep as I quietly walk over to place a blanket over her body, her hair changes back to her normal black and white. I smile looking down at her before heading off to bed myself.