Broken Promises

The twins and I make our way to the Room or Requirement to hang out before dinner. "Do you really think I'm as good as you two at quidditch." I say as I plop down onto the couch, the boys looking at me with smirks on their faces. "Yeah of course you've learnt form the best after all." Fred answers now looking at George whos face is redder than his brothers. He cant take his eyes off me. I give him a smile and as I'm about to respond my journal vibrates in my robe pocket. I pull it out to reveal a message form Alex.

'Asteria, can you get your brother to come outside?' 'I'd like to have a word with him.'

I smirk and write a response quickly, knowing full well Draco is going to get a good telling off by Alex.

'I have no idea where that git is, I'm in the room of requirement with Fred and George but do whatever you want to him he broke a promise so I'm mad at him right now.'

'K'

"What?" The twins say in unison noticing my eye roll at Alex's response. "Does every guy reply with just the letter 'K' to annoy girls or what." I say looking up at the boys who are now looking at each other with grins plastered all over their faces. "K" They both say and head to the door. I get up and run over and jump on George's back. "For that response you're piggy backing me to the Great Hall for Dinner Georgie". Fred starts laughing as George jumps up and down trying to make me fall off but I know its all for fun as his hands are gripping my legs tightly that are wrapped around his middle. "Thanks Georgie" I say when we arrive at the doors of the great hall before I kiss George on the cheek, I jump off his back and follow the boys to the Gryffindor table. As I sit down my journal vibrates again and I pull it out to see another message from Alex.

'He pissed himself! The foul git actually went and wet himself!' 

 'Huh???' Atticus responds confused at what's happening.

'My brother?' I write questioning my suspicions.

'WHAAAAT?! ALEX WHAT DID YOU DO?' A response from Atticus comes up in cursive over the pages in capital letters. 

No reply from Alex, how rude. I close the journal and place it back in my pocket, glancing over in Draco's direction seeing him glaring at me I cant help but crack up laughing picturing the fact that Alex scared him that much he pissed his pants. Alex joins the table with Hermione following and Ron close behind. Soon Atticus joins us with the blonde Ravenclaw girl who helped him off the floor the other day. Introducing her as Luna Lovegood as soon as they sit down. We all dig into the food but I notice Atticus isn't eating as much as he usually does. 'That's weird' I think to myself, I'll have to ask him about it later, I do hope everything is okay with him, he does look a little stressed. 

Ron and Hermione leave halfway through dinner to go look for Harry. I only just realised he wasn't here. Atticus leans in towards Alex and I. "Did you guys hear that..?" He whispers. "Hear what? The dribble of piss down Draco's leg?" Alex joked, which made me burst out in laughter. "Merlin's beard, how I would have paid to see that."  Atticus rolled his eyes, giggled a little before continuing, "No, it was-" He paused, listening out for the sound again. "That.. did you hear it..?""You feeling alright, mate? You're sounding like a crazy person, and you barely ate. Maybe we should take you to see Madam Pomfrey?" He stands up quickly. "No, I swear.. its like a whispering voice." He briskly heads out of the Hall, following the sound he hears. Alex and I share a confused look and get off our seats to run out and follow Atticus. 

We follow closely behind him as he runs aimlessly through the corridors. 'Splash' this corridor is flooded with water. We stop in our tracks noticing Harry, Ron and Hermione in front of us looking up at the wall which has writing on it in big red letters. 'The Chamber of Secrets has been opened enemies of the heir... beware" I then notice Mr.'s Norris, the caretakers Mr.' Flich's cat, hanging by its feet, looking stiff and motionless. My thoughts suddenly go back to the moment my heart broke seeing Nova motionless after Father had killed her. Moments later the corridor is not only just flooded with water its filled with students and professors. "Enemies of the Heir, beware?" Draco scoffs from the front of the group with his pose behind him, "You'll be next, Mudbloods." I give him a dirty look through my teary eyes, but he stumbles backwards, landing on his arse in the water. I'm guessing that was Alex's doing. Draco abruptly gets up as soon as Filch pushes through the crowd of students. 

"WHATS GOING ON HERE!?" Flitch's voice echo's from the crowd students. "Go on, make way, make way.." Oh, Merlin.. it's Filch. "Potter..? What are you..-" He pauses, seeing his cat strung up. "Mrs. Norris?" I feel like I can feel his pain. "You've.. murdered my cat.." He grumbles, his voice now combined with sadness and anger. "No.. no.." Harry spoke, in shock. "I'll kill you.. I'll kill you!" Filch screams, grabbing Harry by his shirt. "Argus!" Dumbledore's voice spoke up from behind us. "Argus, I.." His voice trails as he reads the writing on the wall. "Everyone will proceed to their dormitories immediately. Everyone except.." He points to the golden trio. "You three." "Ravenclaws follow me!" The Ravenclaw prefect calls out, Atticus follows to go to his dorm. "She's not dead, Argus. She has been petrified." I hear Dumbledore tell Filch. 

Draco comes over to me pulling me in for a hug, obviously seeing me in a mess over Filch's cat. I push him away because I'm still mad at him and run into George's arms still crying. He rubs my back and Fred hugs me from behind. "Go take her to the common room to calm her down, She can stay the night but just this once." Professor McGonagall whispers to the twins. I pull away from George and he takes my hand and we make our way up to the Gryffindor tower. 

We lounge on the red couch by the fire and I look around admiring the much more brighter common room than mine. I realise the twins are looking at me waiting to speak. I decide in that moment to tell them everything that's been going on with me. From Father killing my cat, the beatings he was giving me and the constant training with dangerous spells and curses, to the now broken promise Draco made to stop calling my friends 'Mudblood's'. The twins look at me in shock with a hint of sadness, which makes tears fall from my eyes again. "I'm sorry you had to go through all that Astra." George says sadly. Both of them hug me and I instantly fall asleep laying on George's chest. Smiling as I close my eyes close to the pitter patter of his heartbeat.