Through the Trap Door

I walk back into the common room with my new owl in hand. I pick up my journal and read the message form Atticus. "It's time, were finding that stone tonight," "Also; Happy birthday Asteria" I place it in my pocket before placing the owl cage on the table in front of the couch Draco was siting at. "Draco can you please take 'Brownie' to the owlery, I need to go to the library, thanks," I smile and walk out the door.

I run into the library to look for my friends, I see them sitting at a table and head over and sit next to Atticus. He closes his open book and tells us what were meeting here about. "Potter and his friends are going after the stone tonight. There's no way they can do it alone. We have to help them." He informs us. "What's the plan? You know I'm crap at planning." Alex asked. "No doubt they're going to sneak out after hours. Maybe we can keep an eye on them, let us know when they leave." Atticus tells Alex. "Sure, I can do that. I'll just curl up in front of the fire and keep an eye out. Although Harry has a cloak that can.." Alex said, stopping whispering. "Turn him invisible." My eyes widen in surprise. "No way Harry Potter has an Invisibility Cloak." Atticus spoke, also sounding stunned. "He got it for Christmas, I'm not sure who from." Alex replies "Bloody Potter.." I mumble to myself, crossing my arms. "In any case, I don't think its big enough to fit three people under, so it shouldn't be too hard to spot them leaving. At least through the commons." Alex reassured. Atticus nods, while tapping on his book. "We can discuss a meeting place at dinner. I, for one, am starving. "Atticus says with a small chuckle. "Yeah, me too." I add with a smile. "Draco and I might get presents from Mother and Father during dinner." I tell them. Atticus glances over at me for a moment. "He'll be getting one from me." He mentions, before picking up his book again. "Right, if that about wraps up the meetin;" I'll be going to have a nap before dinner." Alex said, his Scottish accent coming out in that last sentence. "I'll continue to read this book then." Atticus says as he opens his book back up. He waves to Alex as he leaves not looking up from his book. "Hey, can I borrow that when you're done?" I ask Atticus after a few minutes of silence. "I've always been curious about the kind of magical creatures that are out there." Atticus smiles, closing the book before handing it to me. "You can borrow it now if you want." He says with a grin. "It is your birthday after all." I could feel my face turn red for some reason. "Thank you, Atticus." I reply as I take the book form his hands. Atticus nods then suddenly Hermione's hands cover his eyes. "Guess who~" She sang out. "Hello Hermione." Atticus says with a cheeky grin, she removes her hands from my eyes and giggles and sits down next to him. Hermione waves to me and I decide to sit down with them and we all start reading our books until dinner time.

I walk into the Great Hall with Hermione and Atticus, but I head over to the Slytherin table to sit with my brother. Halfway through dinner Lucky comes flying down to our table holding a letter in his beak and holding a circular present by a ribbon in his claws. He drops the present in Draco's hands and sits in front of me, I take the letter from his beak, and give him a pat before he flies back off. I see a look of confusion on Draco's face as he looks around for the person who gave him the present, I cant help but laugh when I realise it's a green apple. I open the letter from Mother and Father it reads:

Happy Birthday Asteria and Draco

As for your birthday presents we have granted your wishes to have your own separate dormitories starting as of next year.

Make us proud

Love Mother and father.

I show the letter to Draco and we smile and high five each other. After dinner I head down to the common room and sit on the couch in front of the fire reading the fantastic beasts and where to find them book that Atticus let me borrow. I keep glancing at my journal waiting for Alex to tell us when it's time. Buzzt... Buzzt.."Finally.." I think to myself as I open up the book. "Now, we need to go now." Alex's message appears and then disappears. I close the book. I slowly get up from the couch and sneak out of the common room, as I get into the dungeons corridor I whisper 'Lumos' and my wand light up illuminating my way to meet the others. I walk carefully up the staircases and keeping my light away from the portraits so they don't wake up. I walk in the bathroom to see both Alex and Atticus waiting for me, "Are we ready?" I ask walking towards them. "Of course." Alex replies simply, though there was a hint of excitement in his voice. "Alright, follow me." Atticus tells us, leading us to the corridor to find the Trap Door.