Snake Language

The whole school found out that a student had been petrified the next day and for the next few weeks the students had been scared and on edge. A lot of them thought Draco and I were some sort of air of Slytherin and that we opened the chamber of secrets. 

The professors organized a dueling club one day and that perked up some students, including me. I hoped I got a chance to duel somebody. The first years and second years gather in the Great hall around a long table in the middle of the room.

"Gather round! Gather round. Can everybody see me? Can you all.. hear me?" Lockhart asks, prancing along the dueling stage acting all full of himself. "Excellent." He turns and continues walking. "In light of the dark events of recent weeks.. Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this Dueling Club to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves.. as I myself have done on countless occasions. For full details, see my published works." He boasted as he removed his emerald green cape, Draco and I shared a look of annoyance and both rolled our eyes. He throws his cape into a group of girls who all scream swooned almost passing out, my eyes roll again as I think who could like him hes a totally faking everything he's done. "Let me introduce my assistant.. Professor Snape." He gestures over to Snape as he makes his way onto the stage. "He has sportingly agreed to help with a short demonstration. I don't want any of you youngsters to worry. You'll still have your Potions master when I'm through with him. Never fear." He says, winking.

Lockhart and Snape readied their wands, walking up to each other. Lifting their wands in front of their faces, then lowering them, they bow before turning away from each other, each heading to different ends of the stage, they face each other once more."One.""Two""Three-" "Expelliarmus!"A flash of white light leaves Snape's wand as he casts his spell towards Lockhart, launching him backwards, landing with a thud. The students all murmurs as Lockhart slowly gets back up on his feet. Draco and I snicker in unison, slightly enjoying the fact that Snape made a fool out of Lockhart. "An excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind me saying, it was pretty obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you, it would have been only too easy." Lockhart spoke in his know it all tone again. "Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, professor." Snape suggests, a small grin on his face. 

"An excellent suggestion, Professor Snape. Let's have a volunteer pair. Potter, Weasley, how about you?" Lockhart asks, pointing toward the two. "Weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll be sending Potter to the Hospital wing in a matchbox. Might I suggest someone from my own house? Asteria, perhaps?" Snape asks as Harry heads to the stage, Snape turns towards me, pointing then beckoning me over.I make my way onto the stage, ready to face Harry Potter in a duel. I'm too in the zone to realise a grin has appeared on my face. "Wands at the ready." Lockhart demands. We both lift our wands to our faces. "Don't think id go easy on you, just because your a girl." Harry tells me. "I wouldnt expect you to, Potter." I reply quickly before we and lower our wands again and walk to our ends of the stage. "On the count of three, cast your charms to disarm your opponent. Only to disarm. We don't want any accidents here. One. Two-""Everte Statum!" I cast before Lockhart could finish his countdown. "I'm not having him telling me when I can do things. My spell blasts Harry, sending him flying and flipping backwards before landing to the ground. I could hear my brother laugh in the crowd. Harry quickly stands back on his feet and gets ready to cast his own spell. I panic a bit, because i realise I don't know any protection spell. "Rictusempra!" A bright light apears from Harry's wand and when it approaches me I'm sent flying towards Snape, landing on my arse. Great why do us Malfoy's always land on our asses, I think to myself.