ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ | ᴛᴇᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛɪᴇꜱ

"Careful, she's stark raving mad."

—♢♡♧♤—

Mirana skipped into Witzend, headed for Maddix Hattar's tea party. She'd been invited the day before and wore her best dress. It was white, per usual, and flowed and waved in the wind like the sea. It had a large skirt, too, and Iracebeth told the White Queen she looked magnificent.

"Your Majesty!" Maddix shouted, standing abruptly from the head of the table. He bowed curtly and stared at her, "Are you alright?"

"Whatever do you mean?" Mirana giggled, tilting her head as she surveyed the other guests. "How do you do—Micah, Mally, and—?" the White Queen gasped, her jaw falling open. "Alice?!"

"Hello, Your Majesty," Alice smiled, her blonde hair falling into her eyes as she bowed.

"And Dinah?" She brought her voice to a whisper, "Have you met with Racie yet? I can't believe I missed your arrival!"

"Yes, uh—Iracebeth knows. You were there at my arrival, Mira," Alice scrunched her eyebrows in confusion.

"I was?" Mirana's eyes flicked to the ground as she thought. A sadness took over her features, but only for a moment. Then she smiled at her subjects and giggled, "I must have forgotten! I have such a scattered brain, you know!"

"Yes," Alice agreed, though she knew it was wrong. Iracebeth did it again, Alice reminded herself. It was for a good reason—but perhaps not the best way.

"Is there any tea left for me?" Mirana asked as she glided over to a chair beside Maddix.

"Of course!" Maddix insisted, jumping up from his chair and bouncing around on the table until a teacup fell into his hand. "Anything for the White Queen!"

"And what about the Red?"

Maddix almost dropped the teacup as he turned around and bowed to Iracebeth. "Of course, the same for you, Red Queen!"

Iracebeth smiled and stocked over to Mirana's chair. Mallymkun, the dormouse who sat next to the White Queen, jumped out of the chair just before Iracebeth sat on her. "Are we playing a bit of crochet after?" she asked hopefully.

"If you insist," Maddix said, more to himself, as he jumped onto his chair and handed the teacup to Mirana. The White Queen smiled warmly at him and looked around for the teapot.

"Has anyone seen the teapot?" Mirana wondered, her voice dreamy.

"I have it!" Micah shouted.

"Don't—!" Iracebeth's pleas were cut off as Micah jumped onto the table, teapot in hand, and bounced over to Mirana. "—jump onto the table," the Red Queen finished exasperatedly.

The White Queen giggled and held her teacup in the air as tea splashed around the table. "There you go, Your Majesty!" the Hare exclaimed.

"Thank you, kind sir!" Mirana responded, smiling widely. She was happy. She lived like this every day, and it was joyous. Underland was a wonderful place.

The Hare jumped back onto his seat, and they all sighed as they drank their tea. The White Queen looked around at her subjects and met her sister's gaze. They smiled at each other, but Mirana could feel—somewhere deep inside her—a growing fear as she stared at Iracebeth's icy blue eyes. She didn't know why she would ever have a reason to fear the Red Queen, but something was off. Mirana could feel it.

"Well," Alice started, setting down her teacup, "I'd like to say something—to the White Queen!"

"Ezel!" the Hattar shouted.

Alice smiled and stood, stepping onto the table carefully. She turned to Mirana and held up her teacup like she was making a toast. "Mirana of Marmoreal, I can safely say that we are all glad that you are here. You make our lives full of wonder and joy." Alice paused and, still facing Mirana, flicked her eyes toward Iracebeth. "I don't know what we would do if you ever left. We'd be in ruins. We need you here, Your Majesty. Long live the White Queen!"

And with that, Alice raised her teacup and promptly dumped it onto her head. The Hattar cheered and did the same, jumping out of his chair to dance around the table, leaving a wet tea trail behind him. Micah Hare followed and jumped out of his chair to follow Maddix Hattar. Soon, everyone at the tea party dripped tea except for the Red and White Queens.

Mirana raised her teacup with a smile, already starting to stand.

"NO!" Iracbeth shouted at her, trying to yank the teacup away from her sister. At Mirana's horrified and confused expression, Iracebeth told her, "You are Queen! You do not spill the tea on yourself! Especially on a dress this pretty and with hair so white!"

Mirana frowned and let Iracebeth take her tea. She sat back in her chair, defeated. But when the Hattar started his Futterwacken, Mirana snatched someone else's teacup and dumped it onto her head. Then, with a confident smile at her sister, she danced out of Iracebeth's reach and started the Futterwacken with everyone.

"N—" Iracebeth started. She rolled her eyes and rubbed her forehead with one hand, feeling a headache start. But she smiled, watching her sister dance with her friends happily and gracefully. Mirana was back to her old self.

Iracebeth hoped Mirana stayed that way. She would never make the mistake of letting Mirana leave Underland again—ever. She should've never done it in the first place. She'd had no idea—

Calm down, Iracebeth told herself, feeling her face redden as anger built in her mind. There's no need to get so angry, Racie. She's safe. Iracebeth calmed herself down and forced a relaxed smile onto her lips. Everything would be fine now. Mirana was back home.

—♢♡♧♤—

Hello! Bonjour!

I know I didn't post last week and, as always, it was because I was busy!

And writer's block :(

But I have a chapter! I like writing them all crazy and stuff. It's fun.

Anyway, I hoped you enjoyed this chapter!

Au revoir!