ᴛᴡᴏ | ꜰᴀɪʀꜰᴀʀʀᴇɴ

"I'm older than you and must know better."

—♢♡♧♤—

Iracebeth motioned for the knights standing guard at the front door to open it. Their friends backed out of the doorway, standing behind the two rulers of Underland. The pounding on the door continued and only stopped when the guards swung it open. In the doorway stood the White Knight—William, the right-hand man of Iracebeth. There was another thing about William that no one knew but Mirana and her sister—that William and Iracebeth were head-over-heels in love with each other. It'd been so long since Iracebeth and Mirana had taken the throne, and now it was expected of both to remain single, strong rulers. Until another person with a royal background came along and married Iracebeth to continue the family line—William was not royalty. He was born into a poor, undistinguished family. It hadn't mattered to Iracebeth, though: they were in love.

"Your Highnesses—" he breathed heavily, having run all the way there. "Your Highnesses...you have a visitor."

"Another?" Iracebeth questioned, waving William closer to the group. "Who may it be?"

"Someone mad," Maddix chuckled from behind Iracebeth. "For, who would bother the rulers of Underland on such an important day? On the return of Miss Alice?"

Iracebeth nodded, "Indeed, who would?"

Mirana stood away from the commotion, watching her sister and friends speak about who the visitor could be. She seemed to glide away from them, and her walking seemed graceful and innocent compared to others. While the Red Queen was distracted, the White Queen walked through the door, smiling at the dreary weather. A wonderful day today is, Mirana thought as she spun around. Underland was often full of dark days—the sun didn't come to visit as often as they liked. Sometimes, Apollo would grace the sky with his presence, even come down for a cup of tea or two, but he was often in the land above. So, gloomy days filled Underland. It was still light outside, more or less, but there was hardly a sun there.

Mirana made her way through the courtyard, dancing gracefully with a dreamy smile. A wonderful day indeed. It wasn't long before the White Queen reached the gate and the walls. Right outside the closed gates was a man—he didn't face Mirana for the moment, focusing on something hidden in the woods. It must be the visitor that Sir William talked about, she mused. Mirana approached the gate carefully, watching the man. He had short black hair, and it looked like he had facial hair of some sort. The man wore black leather and boots, a sword strapped to his hip. A pirate? Mirana tilted her head, now right next to the closed gate.

The man seemed to notice the strange teenager-looking Queen as he spun around, looking confused at the girl's appearance. He looked her up and down before speaking in a funny accent, "I'm here to see the Queen. Both of them. I have a matter to discuss with them."

"What would this matter be about?" Mirana questioned, "And who are you?"

He scoffed and touched the gate with his hand—wait, was that a hook? Mirana stared at it as he spoke, "I'd rather have this conversation with the Red or White Queen, lass." He narrowed his eyes at Mirana, trying to intimidate her. If she had to admit, she was indeed, but the White Queen couldn't let him know that, could she?

"At your service, Mister Pirate, sir," Mirana answered, bowing her head slightly. She smiled at him with a closed mouth, her long white hair falling into her face.

He shifted backwards, confused—the pirate would've thought that the White Queen would be much older, not someone who looked like she wasn't even eighteen. He'd met the Red Queen, and she looked like an adult, at least, but this girl? She didn't look like a queen. "You're Mirana, the White Queen?"