ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ: ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ

—♢♡♧♤—

A long time ago, in a land far, far away, lived two Queens of Underland. Sisters: Iracebeth, the Red Queen, and Mirana, the White Queen. They quarrelled often, but after the young Alice Liddell stumbled onto the land and met both sisters, they soon came together again in harmony. The once-divided Underland, most commonly known as Wonderland because of Alice, came together. Mirana and Iracebeth ruled their separate part of Underland, but now they weren't at odds.

Alice Liddell hadn't stayed too long and soon returned to the land above, but Underland remained the same under the new peace. That is until another woman found herself through the looking glass into Underland. Cora Mills introduced herself to the rulers. She had smiled innocently at the two, and Iracebeth allowed the woman to stay in Underland as Alice had, under Mirana's advice. Had the two sisters known what Cora was up to, they never would have let the woman stay in Underland.

Cora thought the rulers were naive, for they looked very young to be rulers of Underland. In reality, Underland didn't allow the people inside it to age. They stayed the same age and never grew a day older. Mirana and Iracebeth had lived in Underland all their lives, so they were now several hundred years old but looked very young. Most citizens of Underland stopped ageing in their twenties. Iracebeth's body was twenty-three years old when her body stopped ageing. She'd never left Underland, and she never intended to. Mirana's body, however, had stopped ageing earlier. She was still a teenager when her body stopped ageing—no one could figure out why she stopped there. Some people said it was because she was very kind, but others said the White Queen was too innocent to age. It was a mystery to them all.

After staying in Underland for one too many weeks, Iracebeth had enough of their guest. She had asked Cora to leave Underland as Alice had. Iracebeth told Cora nobody from outside Underland had ever stayed as long as she had, and it was time for Cora to depart from Underland. Cora had different plans. She argued with the Red Queen and looked to the White Queen, hoping she would come to her defence as kind as she was. But the White Queen had said no—a rare occurrence. The White Queen agreed that it was time for Cora to leave Underland and return to her realm.

Cora pleaded, but it was final. That night, Cora was supposed to leave, and the Red Queen and the White Queen waited by the looking glass so they could see Cora out of Underland. Cora never arrived. The two sisters waited until dawn before they returned to their castle, but something was off. While they were gone, Cora accused them of doing horrible things. Nobody believed her accusations, but the citizens had to agree with them. So, Underland had divided yet again.

The Red and White Queens involuntarily vacated their childhood home and moved elsewhere—the Queen of Hearts had taken control. Mirana and Iracebeth were at odds with each other again, Iracebeth blaming her sister for Cora's actions. However, the hatred she felt was for the Queen of Hearts herself. It was around that time when Alice found herself in Underland again. The former White Rabbit had contacted her for help to rid Underland of Cora's rule.

Alice arrived to meet her old friends, now older and wiser than she had been as a child. Mirana welcomed her with open arms, but Iracebeth was sceptical. She didn't believe the child they had met so long ago would be the key to ending Cora's reign. None of them had any idea what was happening in the capital of Underland—their old palace. Alice helped Jefferson—a friend of the Mad Hattar, called Maddix—out of where Cora was keeping him kidnapped. They decided aiding the Hattar and the kidnapped citizens of Underland would discourage the Queen of Hearts. The rulers and their friends made many expeditions like this one, helping the people Cora had captured and doing anything to inconvenience the False Queen.

Eventually, they'd all gone to the palace, only to see it empty. Had the Queen of Hearts finally left Underland? Mirana and Iracebeth examined every corner of Underland with their friends for the Queen of Hearts, but Cora was nowhere to be found. Finding that Cora had left Underland, the entirety of Underland rejoiced, the two rulers assuming control once again. It was later, when Alice returned home once again, that they received word of Cora's death. Mirana had not taken to the news, her kindness keeping her from enjoying the freedom of being the Queen of Underland. Iracebeth, however, had rejoiced and threw party after party for all inhabitants and friends of Underland. Alice presented herself at a few of them, too.

Soon, everything had gone back to the way it once was.

Well, almost everything.

—♢♡♧♤—

I hope you like the beginning of "Written in the Stars!"

It's only going to get better from here :)

Au revoir!