ꜰɪᴠᴇ | ᴄᴜʀɪᴏᴜꜱᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴜʀɪᴏᴜꜱᴇʀ

"The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it."

—♢♡♧♤—

Snow White and David—whom Snow kept calling "Charming"—left soon after they arrived. Mirana sat in the corner, running her fingers through Nivens' fur as they waited for the sun to go down. The White Queen had tried to help Ruby and her grandmother with their customers, but Ruby had told her to sit in the corner. The werewolf told her they didn't need much help, anyway, and there was no reason to tire her out when she had to meet with "the demon" later.

"It's getting dark," Mirana told Nivens, who sat beside her. "Are you nervous?"

The White Rabbit shook his head and closed his eyes, tired from waiting and sitting still all day. Mirana sighed and glanced out the broken-open windows, disappointed that her friend didn't share her feelings. Ruby grabbed Nivens' empty plate and replaced it with yet another dish of lettuce. Nivens' eyes snapped open, and he pulled the plate toward himself, eating the lettuce happily.

Mirana hadn't had any food since she'd arrived in Storybrooke—and she hoped she wouldn't need to eat in the strange city. She would be able to return to Underland soon, and she would be with all her friends again. The White Queen hoped she wouldn't miss tea time with Maddix Hattar and Micah Haire—they were always such fun to have tea with.

A few hours passed by, and the sun had finally set. Granny and Ruby put up the "closed" part of the store sign and cleaned up—again, Mirana tried to help, but Ruby just shushed her and made the White Queen sit back down.

Mirana waited anxiously by the front windows, awaiting the arrival of the Lost Boys. She held Nivens—the rabbit was falling asleep—in her arms and ran her fingers through his fur, soothing him to sleep. It wasn't long before she heard the screams and hollers from the band of teenage boys running through the streets. She could see their silhouettes dancing around in the dead of night. Some held things that looked like sticks or weapons, and others had torches with fire that illuminated their faces, making them look all the more intimidating. Mirana could feel anxiety settling into her again, and she waited nervously for the Lost Boys to pass by.

One of the boys, whose illuminated face looked especially frightening, briefly made eye contact with Mirana. He smiled at her creepily, and the White Queen feared he'd come toward her. He stepped in her direction, but one of the other boys shouted something—he ran back to the others, dancing through the dark streets.

Mirana breathed shallowly, realising that no other Lost Boys were coming from the direction where they'd appeared. That was all of them—and now, it was Mirana's turn. Now, she had to meet Peter Pan—or, as most people in Storybrooke called him, the "demon."

Ruby came up behind Mirana and put a hand on her shoulder. Her red-painted lips smiled, and she whispered, "Good luck. You'll need it."

Mirana's lips quivered, but she answered shakily, "Thank you, you're very kind. I guess Nivens and I shall be off now. Thank you for letting us stay here."

"It was only a few hours—no problem," Ruby shrugged. "No full moon tonight, so I'm all good."

Mirana didn't get why it mattered that there was no full moon, but she didn't question it. Instead, she patted Niven's head one last time before she set him on the ground, and they set off together into the night. As the White Queen looked around at all the buildings, she only hoped that she would recognise where she was supposed to go. Snow White's instructions had been very vague.

"Hey—lady! Psst!" a small voice whispered from the darkness, calling Mirana away from the road. She turned towards the sound, tilting her head like Nivens. "Yeah, you! Psst! Over here!"

Carefully, Mirana stepped off of the road and up onto the sidewalk. "Hello?" she whispered, looking around and motioning for Nivens to stay close. The small rabbit felt something was off, narrowing his eyes at the shadows where the voice sounded.

"Hello?" Mirana tried again, raising her voice above a whisper.

"Go!" she heard a boy shout. Arms encircled Mirana's body, restricting her movement. She screamed into the night but doubted anyone could listen to her. The White Queen heard another boy's voice asking, "What about the rabbit?" This statement was followed by an "ow," and Mirana guessed that Nivens had started to attack whoever was keeping his friend captive. Mirana squirmed and screamed, still trying to be free from the arms.

Someone placed a bag over Mirana's head, making her world dark. She breathed heavily, giving in to her anxiety and nerves, panicking. "Grab it!" she heard someone shout. A squeal in pain followed the voice, and Mirana's shaky voice screamed, "DON'T HURT HIM!"

Mirana was lifted into the air and put over someone's shoulder. No matter how much she punched and kicked or tried to use her magic, nothing would stop whoever it was from holding her captive. She didn't stop protesting, her face wet with tears, until the boys stopped in their tracks.

Mirana quieted, trying to figure out what was going on.

A loud knock filled the silent space, followed by a voice. "Pan? We've got something to show you. I don't think they're from around here. Someone snuck them in."

Another silence filled the room. Mirana started to squirm again but stopped abruptly when her feet met the ground—harshly. The bag was ripped off her head, leaving her long white hair a tangled mess. She looked around at the boys, who couldn't be older than her physical age. One of them was holding Nivens—by his ears. Mirana's eyes widened, and she stepped forward, reaching for him. The boy who had put her over his shoulder—a tall blond—grabbed her arm and shook his head when she looked at him.

"Bring them in," a soft, British voice said from inside the door they stood in front of.

The tall blond boy pushed Mirana toward the door with a smirk, nodding at it. "Open the—?" Mirana whispered, cut off by a sharp nod from the boy. Mirana turned away and slowly raised her hand to the doorknob, carefully turning it and swinging the creaky door open. She stepped inside it, turning back to watch as the boy holding Nivens threw him in beside her. Slowly, fear building in her chest, Mirana turned around and looked at the desk where a boy sat.

He didn't look up at her immediately, but when he did, his cold expression turned to surprise. In less than two seconds, the boy had tossed the papers he was looking at aside and jumped over the desk he sat at. He ran toward Mirana, whose brain was still comprehending things slowly, and barrelled straight into her. His arms encircled her body and pulled her against his own. Mirana stopped breathing; she was so surprised by the action.

She could feel the demon boy's hands grabbing her—grasping her body like she was his lifeline. "Mirana," he called softly, his lips close to her ear. He sighed, pressing his head into the crook of her neck.

Mirana stood with a confused expression. She couldn't help but think that all of Storybrooke's residents' fears were entirely misguided, judging by the welcome she had gotten. Peter Pan still clutched her, not willing to let her go. "Mirana," he whispered again as if her name comforted him.

"Yes?" the White Queen whispered back in the same manner, confused beyond belief.

"You're here. You're home."

—♢♡♧♤—

This is crazy. Chapter five already?

And Peter Pan. He's a little weird, lol.

Hope you enjoy this chapter, and many more to come!

Au revoir!