ᴛᴇɴ | ᴡᴏʀʀʏɪɴɢ ᴅᴇʟᴜꜱɪᴏɴꜱ

"You can always take more than nothing."

—♢♡♧♤—

"You . . . remember what?"

Peter Pan stared at Mirana intently, his eyes wide as he thought of all the ways she could've broken Iracebeth's spell. No such way came to mind—and yet, Mirana had remembered something.

"I remember Neverland, and," she took a breath, glancing up at Slightly, the curly-haired Lost Boy, "and I remember you—when I met you for the first time. You called me Queenie."

"I did," Slightly said, raising his eyebrows in surprise. "You remember me?"

"Yes," Mirana nodded. She could feel another memory pressing at the back of her head—but she couldn't get to it. "I—I'm trying to remember—it's not—working—"

"It's alright, Mirana," Peter Pan said softly. To break a spell, like Iracebeth's, was hard work. He opened the door to his office and stepped out, placing his hands on Mirana's slender shoulders. "You'll remember. It'll come to you—you don't have to stress about it right now."

"But—I remember you too," Mirana put her hand against her forehead as it started to hurt. "You were so excited for the Lost Boys to meet me—I was so—"

"It's alright," Peter said again. When Mirana looked up at him, she was surprised to see an almost determined expression on his face. "You'll remember soon—but now, you need to leave. I have something I have to take care of. I'll see you later, Mirana."

Mirana nodded and felt Peter's hands leave her body. He stepped away and allowed Slightly to come to Mirana's side. The White Queen departed with the Lost Boy, though a part of her was begging her to stay.

"Don't leave him, Mirana," the White Queen told herself. Somehow, there were two of them on her train of thought.

"Why?" Mirana asked herself.

"You loved him, don't you remember?" the White Queen said with a knowing smile. "In the memory. You remember—you love him."

Mirana shook her head. "I don't even know him."

"But you did," the White Queen protested. "And you loved him."

Mirana shook her head and glanced at Slightly. She remembered something from Neverland—now all she needed to do was recall the rest. It was more difficult than it seemed, though. The White Queen placed her hand on Mirana's, smiling at her.

"You'll remember in due time. Don't worry."

"But I do worry," Mirana told her softly. "What if I don't ever remember? What if I disappoint everyone by not remembering?"

Mirana and Slightly stopped outside Emma's house. All the lights were off, and although she couldn't see inside the house, Mirana assumed everyone was either gone or asleep. She turned toward the Lost Boy and held her hand for him to shake.

"I assume I'll be seeing you again soon. Goodbye for now, Slightly," the White Queen told him.

"Yeah. Fairfarren, Queenie," the Lost Boy shook her hand and smiled at her confusion—how does he know Underland customs? "You taught us that word, Mirana, all the Lost Boys—and Pan."

"Oh," Mirana nodded. "That sounds nice."

"It was," Slightly nodded. The Lost Boy tilted his head, staring at the White Queen. How could she forget everything? So much happened in Neverland—Mirana was our friend. And she was more than that to Pan. He sighed softly. I hope she remembers us soon. It'll get quite awkward when she meets the other Lost Boys.