ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ: ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴡᴏ

—♢♡♧♤—

A long time ago, in a land far, far away, lived a boy named Peter Pan. He was the boy who never grew up—the Pied Piper. He and his Lost Boys lived in Neverland, and they loved it there. Neverland had everything a young boy could want—open space, no adults, no rules (except Peter Pan's rules), and the ability to do anything they wanted. They lived there for many years—Lost Boys came, died, and Peter Pan returned to the world to get new ones. They were expendable, the boy thought. He could replace anyone.

At least, he thought he could.

One day, out patrolling the island, Peter Pan came across an old, rotting treehouse. It was the home of a seer, but no one had come to see them in ages. Peter Pan forbade the Lost Boys from coming into contact with them after they helped one of the Lost Boys escape. Thoughts raced through his mind, and Peter Pan grasped the rope ladder against his better judgment.

"Peter?" the seer asked when the Pied Piper stepped into the treehouse. They ran out of their bedroom, widening their eyes. They pushed their hands over their mouth, their eyes brimming with tears of astonishment and happiness. "Peter!"

The seer had been in love with Peter Pan as long as they'd known him, and it had been at least a hundred years. But, after they let one of Peter's Lost Boys go (because he was one of Peter's favourites and the seer was jealous), Peter Pan shut the seer away. The seer ran up to Peter, wrapping their arms around the British boy.

"Let go!" Peter shouted angrily, regretting his decision to go into the treehouse. He unwrapped the seer's arms and forced them away, glaring at them.

"I'm sorry—I haven't seen you in a long time—oh, Peter," the seer nearly fell to their knees, overcome with emotion.

"Get up," Peter Pan rolled his eyes. He knew the seer had affection for him, but he didn't care. He didn't like the seer like that—and he was still angry that the seer had let his Lost Boys leave Neverland. "I haven't come here for you. I've come to get a reading."

"A—a reading? You said you hated—"

"What I said is none of your concern now, is it?" Peter said bitterly, wanting more than anything to pretend he had never come to see the seer in the first place. But, as always, his curiosity overpowered anything else. "Get it ready—quickly, now."

The seer rushed around the treehouse, setting up a small table with their crystal ball and materials. The seer didn't need the crystal ball to see, but it showed the vision to the person they were doing the reading for. Once the seer was ready and settled into a plush velvet seat, Peter Pan sat across from them. He placed his hands on the table and looked at the seer's golden eyes, waiting for them to start.

"What would you like me to look for?" the seer asked the Pied Piper. Softly, they asked, "Neverland's future? The Lost Boys? Your future in," they paused and looked down, "love?"

"All of it," Peter Pan decided. He wanted to know a little bit of everything—being the leader of Neverland, it would be beneficial to know what would happen.

The seer nodded and closed their eyes, placing their tanned hands on the sides of the crystal ball and tilting their head up. It was a minute before a fuzzy image appeared in the crystal ball.

In the image, a boy who looked about twelve stood in front of Skull Rock with Peter. They were talking—and suddenly, the image focused on the boy's heart, which was glowing bright red.

"The heart of the truest believer," the seer whispered, their eyes still closed.

"Why are you showing me this?" Peter asked.

"You'll need it," they told him softly.

The image changed, replaced by Felix and Slightly, two of the Lost Boys. They stood on either side of Peter Pan, overlooking a town that looked nothing like anything in Neverland. It looked more like where Peter's shadow went to fetch more Lost Boys.

The seer whispered something, but Peter didn't quite hear. "Storybook?" he asked, pushing his eyebrows together in confusion.

"Storybrooke," the seer corrected.

But when Peter looked back at the crystal ball, the image changed. It showed a girl with long, white hair. She looked young—about Peter Pan's physical age. Her fragile form and dark eyes were familiar and drew him in. She was smiling in the image, laughing at something someone else was saying. The image shifted to the left slightly, revealing the Pied Piper.

"What?" Peter asked aloud, watching himself on the crystal ball. He looked happy. They were laying on bright green, soft grass and talking happily. Peter Pan watched himself lean close to the girl's face and press their lips together. Peter stood, his eyes wide with anger, confusion, and surprise, "What?"

With the connection to the vision broken, the seer stood up, looking wide-eyed at Peter. "NO!" they shouted.

Peter turned to the seer and glared at them, raising an eyebrow, "No? You think you can say no to me?"

"No!" the seer put up their hands and fell to the floor on their knees. "You can't be with her! She has another destiny!"

"Her destiny is with," Peter paused, his expression softening as he turned away from the seer, "me. She was with me." An idea struck Peter, and he spun back to the seer. "What is her name?"

"What?"

"What is her name—do I need to repeat myself? I could feed you to the mermaids," Peter scoffed.

"No—I mean, um, her name is, um—"

"Tell me," Peter growled.

"Mirana!" the seer yelled, slamming their head on the ground, tears brimming in their eyes. "She lives in Underland—but she has an overprotective sister who will never let you near her! You can't even enter Underland, can you?"

"I will find a way," Peter said simply, "not that I have to explain that to you, anyway. Her sister will never stand a chance. Peter Pan never fails."

With that, the Pied Piper left the seer's treehouse in a puff of smoke. During the next few months, he studied Underland whenever he had time, trying to find a way inside it. If Alice Liddell could find a way in, why couldn't he? That was it—Alice. He had to find Alice.

Finding Alice proved to be more difficult than he thought. She was always moving—even forcing the shadow to follow her didn't help. She knew how to avoid the shadows.

"Ugh!" Peter shouted, slamming yet another book about Underland on the table. He sighed, rubbing his temple with his hand.

"Perhaps if you took a break?" Slightly offered, standing by the door of his cabin.

"It's no use," Peter shook his head. "Peter Pan has failed."

"Peter Pan never fails," Slightly quoted the Pied Piper, entering the house.

"I have."

"What if you try to draw her out of Underland?" Slightly was one of the only Lost Boys with whom Peter had shared his reasons for his fixation on Underland.

"Draw her out—how?"

Peter Pan stood from the desk and stepped away from it. He only took one step before an idea struck him. "Wait," he looked at Slightly, smirking. "Storybrooke."

"Isn't that where—"

"That's where Henry is—the saviour of Neverland. He's also my key to Mirana, it seems."

Peter Pan chuckled to himself, shaking his head. The answer had been there the entire time—right there. "Come on, Slightly," the Pied Piper said, strolling out of his cabin, "it's time to save Neverland."

—♢♡♧♤—

This prologue is a lot longer than Part One. I hope you like it, just the same!

I can't wait for chapter one!

Au revoir!