ᴇɪɢʜᴛ | ᴘʀᴏᴘʜᴇᴄɪᴇꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ᴍᴀᴅᴅᴇɴɪɴɢ

"You can have anything in life if you sacrifice everything else for it."

—♢♡♧♤—

Despite Snow and Neal clearing up the misunderstanding, Mirana kept a close eye on Nivens until they left for Emma's house. Neal made Mirana try the eggs, and she'd been surprised that they didn't taste like a dead animal.

"That's because it isn't a dead animal," the dark-haired boy explained for what seemed like the hundredth time.

"But it—"

"Mirana."

"Oh, alright."

It wasn't long before they left the house and started down the street. Due to the cold weather, Mirana still wore Emma's black leather jacket over her dress, crossing her arms over her middle. If Neal were honest, he would've given his coat to Mirana, but Snow wouldn't let him. "You need to be protected, too, from the wind," was Snow's response.

"Hi, Mom," Emma smiled at Snow when she entered the house, "Dad. Nice to see you—and Neal! It feels like forever since you came over."

Emma hugged her younger brother, ruffling his hair when he pulled away. "I see you brought the failure," She said with a sour face when she looked at Mirana. The White Queen looked at the ground as she said this, suddenly wanting to be anywhere but in that house.

"Don't call her that," Neal said defensively. "Why is she a failure?"

"We sent her to chase away Pan, and now he wants to stay even more."

"I guess we're all failures, then," Neal looked around at them. His princely nature sure did come in handy at times like these. "We all failed to save Storybrooke again and get back to our homes, so why is Mirana the only failure?"

Regina entered the room, followed by Killian and his daughter, who had her tiny hand in his.

"Because she was supposed to save us," the Evil queen answered Neal's question. The White Queen glanced up at her, still hesitant. Regina continued, "Don't you remember? The prophecy—"

"—can be wrong," Neal offered, interrupting Regina.

"This"—Regina held up a small scroll that Mirana wasn't sure anyone could read without the Caterpillar's big magnifying glass—"does not lie. It will happen, even if we need to push her a bit."

"What prophecy?" the White Queen questioned, confused how they had a prophecy about her. She couldn't be that important, could she?

"You—"

"She doesn't need to know," Neal tried, glancing at the pretty teenager.

"It's about her. If she wants to know, she can," Regina told him, shaking her head and stepping toward Mirana.

"Just tell me," Mirana said hesitantly, scared of what they would tell her.

"Well—"

"You know that prophecies are never to reveal to the ones in them," Neal insisted. "She can't know unless the prophecy starts."

Regina sighed and glanced at the White Queen. "Never mind, then. You'll have to wait."

"No—I want to know," Mirana insisted.

"But you can't." Neal shrugged, acting like there was nothing he could do. He didn't want them to tell her the prophecy and scare her off—they needed her help, and it didn't matter what Emma and Regina thought of her.

"Well, alright then," the White Queen sighed, shaking her head. "What is going to happen now?"

"Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but Pan wants to see you again, Mirana," the familiar voice of a Lost Boy sounded from the open front door.

Mirana spun around, her wide, dark eyes fixating on Felix's tall body. "Felix! You didn't say you would come back so soon."

"Pan wants you," Felix drawled, "and he gets what he wants."

"Not always," Regina scoffed. "He didn't get Henry."

"He found another way," Felix said, stepping further into the house toward the White Queen. "Unless you want me to give you a refresher. I bet you still have a scar, Regina."

"Keep talking, teenager—"

Regina cut herself off when Felix revealed the club in his hand, a smirk on his lips. "I told you," he said in a sing-song voice.

"Let's go, Felix," Mirana said, trying to prevent Regina and Felix from attacking each other. "Now, please."

Felix bowed, extending his arm toward the door, "Lead the way, my lady."

"But—"

"I'll see you later, Neal," Mirana said with a sad smile. "Fairfarren, everyone."

She skipped out of the house, pausing on the sidewalk to wait for Felix, who was slowly exiting the house as he made eye contact with everyone inside it. When he turned around, his evil smile dropped, and he didn't stop to wait for Mirana, walking ahead of her toward Peter Pan. She caught up with him, though it was hard with Felix's long legs, and looked up at the Lost Boy as they walked.

"Stop staring at me," he told her plainly, not sparing her a glance.

"Why?"

"I don't like it."

"I don't like Storybrooke. I still have to deal with it."

"Shut up."

"You're the one who talked to me first," Mirana giggled, turning her eyes away as a smile lit her face.

Until they reached the building where Mirana assumed Peter Pan was, Felix had not talked to her. Once they reached the front, Felix pushed Mirana in front of his body and pointed her toward Pan's office. The inside of the building was dark, and Mirana could hardly see. She wondered why they didn't use any candles in the halls—it would make things much brighter.

Felix stopped in front of the familiar door. Felix gave the White Queen one last shove toward the door before backing away and disappearing behind another. Mirana sighed, watching his body disappear, before she turned to the door. Slowly, she knocked on the hardwood—but it wasn't a second after her first knock that the door swung inward, revealing Peter Pan.

In the hall, it was dark, and there were no lights, but Peter's office was very bright. Mirana squinted, her eyes not adjusted to the sudden display of light.

"Mirana," Peter said, his voice sounding relieved, as he smiled at her. He moved out of the doorway, pushing the door wider as he invited Mirana inside.

"Hello," Mirana whispered as she entered the room, her eyes trained on the ground.

"Are you still nervous?" He asked, closing the door after her.

"Peter Pan, no one in Storybrooke likes you. They all hate you—and I don't know what to think," Mirana huffed, turning toward Peter with a determined look. "You've told me we've met before, but I have no recollection. You informed me that my sister was to blame, but I know her better than I do you, and it's unlikely that I believe you. I don't understand anything here—it isn't like Underland, where everything does make sense. I just—" she cut herself off, shaking her head. "Tell me what's going on, please."

Peter widened his eyes in surprise, a small smile lighting his face. "You haven't forgotten everything, it seems. You remembered how to scold people—in your way, of course. You never did like being mean."

The White Queen looked into his green eyes, begging him to answer her questions.

The leader of the Lost Boys sighed. He looked at the white-blonde-haired girl and quirked one of his eyebrows up at her. "Come, sit. I'll answer the questions that I can."

—♢♡♧♤—

What do you think of Peter Pan?

(you don't have to tell me, I'm just throwing it out there if you want to)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Don't worry, Peter Pan is going to be in a lot more chapters from now on. I know how you little fanhumans are.

Au revoir!