ᴛʜᴀɴᴋꜱɢɪᴠɪɴɢ ꜱᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ

"Special" episodes don't count toward the story's main plot. They are just short side stories that pertain to what is happening (holidays) in real life.

—♢♡♧♤—

Mirana sat in Henry's room, staring at the wall. She didn't understand why everyone in Storybrooke was making such a big fuss. Snow White and Charming had been making food all day, and they'd argued off and on. It was always something about food and how many people there would be. Neal tried to help, but they just pushed him out the door with a list of errands in his hand. As for Mirana, she'd tried to inquire what they were doing, but with all the stress, Charming got annoyed and sent Mirana to Henry's room. She wasn't allowed to come out until they finished whatever they were doing.

Mirana blew out a puff of air, glancing around the room for something to do. She'd already been there for an hour, and Mirana didn't have Nivens with her. Unlike Mirana, Nivens wasn't bothering the fairytale couple so he could stay out of Henry's room.

"Psst!"

Mirana's head snapped up at the sudden sound. She glanced around the room as she got up from her seat, pushing her eyebrows together in confusion.

"Psst!"

"Who is that? Where are you?" Mirana asked, a sense of anxiety creeping in on her.

"I'm by the window!" the voice insisted.

Mirana slowly stepped toward Henry's desk, littered with papers and documents. Behind the desk was a window—but it was so high that the White Queen would have to climb onto it to peer through it. She bit her lip, wondering whether she should climb onto the desk to see who was calling her.

"Princess, hurry!" the voice whisper-shouted.

That was what decided for Mirana. She grabbed her dress and stepped onto the chair before carefully stepping onto the desk, avoiding messing with Henry's things. She pushed herself onto her toes and grabbed the windowsill to look through the window, her eyes narrowing at the face in front of her.

"Hi, Mirana," the woman smiled. She looked young—not teenager young, but still young. Her brown hair was in messy curls, running over her shoulder. Her face seemed set in determination, even as she smiled.

"Hello," Mirana said, her voice low. "I'll have you know: I am not a princess. I am a queen."

"Alright, Your Majesty," the woman smirked, raising an eyebrow. Somehow, it reminded Mirana of Peter Pan. "Let's get you out of there, yeah?"

"You're rescuing me?" Mirana asked as she watched the woman fiddle with the window. "Why?"

"Red said Neal told her that Snow and Charming locked you away. I figured that you wouldn't want to stay locked in there until dinner," she told her, grunting as she struggled to open the window.

"Red?" Mirana questioned, watching her work. "What's your name?"

"Dorothy," she said, finally getting the window to open. She fell, getting pushed back by the force it took to open it. "Dorothy Gale."

"Nice to meet you, Dorothy," Mirana told her.

Despite her appearance, Dorothy was quite strong. She lifted Mirana out the window without exerting herself and offered to carry her to the diner after Mirana said she scraped her leg on the window. They talked a lot on the way, and Mirana realised that people in Storybrooke didn't all hate her or that they were in the strange town.

"I like Storybrooke," Dorothy admitted. "It's like my old home—in Kansas. I wasn't always from the fairytale world, you know. They used to be fairytales to me—and then I realised I was living a fairytale."