ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ | ᴘᴇᴛᴇʀ ᴘᴀɴ ᴏꜰ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ

"Forget them all. Come with me where you'll never have to worry about grown-up things again."

—♢♡♧♤—

Mirana sat in Peter Pan's office. Peter had told her to stay and had left her alone. She assumed the Lost Boys were outside the door, but she heard Peter Pan telling them not to go inside, even if they heard screaming. They would only enter the office if the Red Queen's voice spoke.

All the Lost Boys would remember her voice forever (except Felix, who wasn't in Neverland when Mirana and Iracebeth were). One couldn't forget the day Iracebeth came to Neverland, first under the pretence of visiting, only to steal her sister away at night.

The White Queen hummed, looking around at the office. She'd never really had time to explore it—whenever she came inside, all her attention had been on Peter Pan. Mirana stood from the couch and wandered around the room, her eyes gazing over every little detail while her mind was elsewhere.

"Why are you here?" Mirana asked the Iracebeth on her train of thought.

"You know why," Iracebeth told her.

"Racie," Mirana whined, taking Iracebeth's hand in hers. "You can't protect me from everything forever."

"Yes, I can," the Red Queen shook her head. "And I will. You know what I can and what I will do. You might not remember it, but you know."

"Racie," Mirana spoke softly, her eyes pleading with the Iracebeth in her mind. "What if—if I don't want to go back to Underland?"

"Mirana?" Peter Pan touched Mirana's shoulder, causing her consciousness to jerk back into her mind. She spun around, the corners of her mouth uplifted in a small smile.

"Hi, Peter," Mirana said.

"Hello, my love," Peter smiled sadly, the old nickname slipping off his tongue. He hated thinking about Mirana's lost memories. Not only that, Iracebeth made Mirana forget her true love. There was no more prominent cruelty than that.

"Did you find Iracebeth?" she asked hopefully. She wasn't sure why, but a part of her mind hoped that Iracebeth behaved and was kind to Peter. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Mirana wondered.

"No," Peter Pan shook his head. "I looked all over—I guess the Lost Boys had a false sighting."

"Oh," Mirana said, her eyes wandering around the room again. They landed on the ceiling, flashing from it to the window and back again. "Have you ever touched the sky?"

Peter started in surprise. "Why? Would you like to?"

"Maybe," Mirana said dreamily. She entwined her hands behind her back and turned away from Peter Pan, continuing to observe everything. This time, she tried her hardest not to let her mind go elsewhere. Don't think of the train. Don't think of the train. Don't think of the train, she chanted wordlessly like a mantra.

"What are you doing?" Peter asked her, growing evermore suspicious of his amnesiac lover.

"Just looking around," Mirana told him.

Peter Pan came up behind her, his hands encircling Mirana's body. She jumped and was surprised at how familiar the sensation felt. Her body practically melted into his. But her mind kept sending feelings of emptiness and longing to her heart. She guessed it was because of her lost memories, but it felt more than that. It wasn't something centred around Peter Pan—although he played a part in it—it was something to do with herself.

"I have to go, my love," he whispered to her.

"You just came back," the White Queen whispered back.

"I had to make sure you were alright. Nothing can get to you here—I know that now," Peter whispered, though it was more to himself.

"What would get me?" she questioned him, turning around with scrunched eyebrows. Peter's hands had fallen to her waist, still holding their bodies together.

"Nothing, Mirana," Peter shook his head, a devilish smirk appearing on his face, "not while I'm around."

Peter Pan released Mirana's body and pushed her gently away. With his smirk still evident, he left the room, leaving Mirana alone. Once Peter Pan was out of the office, his smirk disappeared, and a cold darkness washed over his features. He turned to one of the Lost Boys outside the door and reminded them not to let anyone in or out of the room without Peter's approval.

Peter Pan spun on his heel and walked away. All he had to do was deal with the Underlandians—and return them to their world. It wasn't too hard. As long as the Underlandians were all together, he'd have no problem sending them back. Then, he could close whatever portal they used to get to Storybrooke, and no one could escape or enter the town ever again.

Once Peter made it outside, Felix rushed over to him. "Pan," he spoke, his drawling voice urgent, "Alice is here. The Lost Boys surrounded her, but—I think they're fighting now."

The leader of the Lost Boys rolled his eyes. "Where?"

"Outside the Saviour's house."

Peter scoffed and flicked his hand, disappearing in a cloud of mist. He narrowed his eyes as Alice and his Lost Boys materialised before him. Before he could speak, a sword came hurdling toward him through the air.

Peter caught it and stared at the sword, the blade gripped in his hands. He glanced up—the fighting and shouting had ceased as he grabbed the dagger, everyone noticing he was there. Raising an eyebrow, Peter stared into a pair of clear blue eyes. "Hello, Alice. We meet again."

"Peter Pan," Alice sneered, "you're a sight for sore eyes."

"Mirana seems to enjoy it," Peter smirked, tossing the sword aside. Alice moved toward him but decided against it when the Lost Boys started to block her path.

"Where is she?" Alice asked her.

"I think the more important question is: where is your little one?"

Alice's eyes widened in horror. She spun around, her eyes narrowing as she searched for where she told Dinah to hide. "You—monster!"

"Some seem to have taken to that name, but I'm unaccustomed to it," Peter Pan told her casually, walking toward the blonde.

Alice spun back around and stuck a finger to his chest. "If you touch her—"

"Relax, I'm not interested in your child. Once I have what I want, she'll be back in your arms," Peter shrugged.

Alice Liddell breathed slowly, trying to calm her anger. She swallowed and dropped her arms, "What do you want?"

"For all of you to leave, of course!" Peter Pan told her exasperatedly. "God, that's all I ever want: for you all to leave us alone!"

"You know Racie—"

"If you want your daughter back, you'll make her leave. No matter what." Peter paused before leaning forward, "No cheating, Miss Liddell. If you cheat in my game, nothing will ever return to what it was. You'll never see Dinah, your mother, or Underland again. Do you understand?"

"Yes."

"So we have a deal?" Peter Pan's signature mischievous grin made an appearance.

Alice screwed up her face in anger. Nonetheless, she answered bitterly, "Yes."

"Good," Peter enthused, stepping away from her. "We'll leave you to your duties, then. I suggest you find Iracebeth immediately. She might get into something she's not supposed to—and then, Miss Alice, our deal will be off."

"I've got it." If looks could kill, Peter Pan would be long dead (probably even before this interaction).

"I'll be off, then, Alice," Peter bowed like a gentleman. "Until next time!"

—♢♡♧♤—

Heyy! Sorry if this chapter sounded a bit rushed at the end.

Anyway, I hoped you enjoyed this! Happy Holidays!

(A Christmas Special will also be out soon!)

Until next time!

Au revoir!