Chapter 1: Davina

Sunlight streams across the windows of the building before me as the Spring sun beats down on everyone. Carrying the tray of iced coffee towards it, I open the door and step into the air-conditioned main area. Letting the door close quietly behind me, I head through the main area, waving at the receptionist as I pass by. She waves back as I head towards the elevator.

Plaques are hung up on the wooden walls, and there are large windows letting in rays of sunlight across the sunbaked carpet. I see various meeting rooms that are pretty much empty. Reaching the elevator, I press one of the buttons and the elevator opens. Stepping inside, I click on the button of the floor I need to get to.

The elevator lifts up and I tap my foot. Checking my watch, I see that by the time I reach my floor, I'll be five minutes early. Should give me plenty of time to set up my designs and make sure everything is perfect.

Squaring my shoulders, I hear a ding and the doors open. Stepping out, I head down the hall, passing by various meeting rooms. Many of the members are chatting and showcasing designs. Each design I see is chic, classy, beautiful, and looks like they belong in front windows of some of the best clothing stores in the city.

Turning away, I take a deep breath. No sense comparing myself to others. I just need to focus on getting my designs approved by Rosalie.

Reaching the meeting room, I open the door and step inside. I see Josephine is already here. I smirk. No sense being surprised that she's here early.

The room is spotless, with a white, oval shaped table and five, gray chairs surrounding it. A cork board is at the front, and the TV is in the corner. There are squared shaped windows with more sunlight shining across the white table.

"Morning Fina," I say as I set the tray of coffee down onto the table. She continues writing things down in her folder, but she reaches over and grabs an iced coffee. Shaking my head, I set my bag down onto one of the chairs, and I pull out my folder. Walking over to the cork board, I open my folder and begin to stick the designs onto it. Once I've gotten my three designs onto the board, I close my folder and step back to see the three designs altogether.

"Still thinking your designs are actually good?" A snarky voice asks from the doorway. Looking behind me, I see Flora standing there. Unlike the fairy from Sleeping Beauty, this Flora is neither sweet nor motherly. Instead, she's more like Maleficent's adopted sister.

Flora is a petite woman, with dark umber skin, flawless features, icy blue eyes, and long, wavy black hair. She is wearing her gray business suit and skirt. She sneers when her eyes land on my designs.

"Is that what you call, clothing?" she asks and I purse my lips. "Because to me, they look like colorful wet rags."

I arch a brow at her.

"Well, you never did have the best eyesight," I say and turn back to my designs. I adjust them, before grinning. Perfect.

"Good morning, ladies," Rosalie says, and I turn around to see her entering through the doorway. Rosalie is the oldest out of all of and the head of the fashion department here in our line of business. She's a tall, slender woman with curly, rust red hair that flows across her shoulders. Her suit is pressed and clean.

Letting the door close behind her, she sets her bag down and adjusts her glasses. Turning to us, her eyes land on me and my designs. She grins.

"Ah! Are those your latest designs, Davina?" she asks.

"Yes," I say and smile. "Would you like me to present them now or after Flora gives the report?"

"We'll wait till after Flora gives the report," she says, and I nod. I flip the board around and head to my seat. Flora takes a purple folder out of her bag and walks to the front. She opens the folder.