chapter 20

Javier's pov:

As much as I wanted to stay and beat the shit out of him, I needed to get Rae back home and safe. I take her our of Jax's arms and carry her up the stairs with the girls following.
We all get into the back of the limo, with Hannah sitting next to me, watching Rae, whos still in my arms.

"You like her"

"That wasn't a question Hannah"

"And that wasn't an answer Javier."

It's quiet again, no one says anything, the music isn't even on. The only sound is the driver occasionally saying how much longer will we arrive at the house.

I carry Rae to my room, unsure if Tan would be okay with me in his room and of course Hannah follows me.

"Hannah, go get her some water. Please."

I lay Rae on my bed and then go to my joint bathroom to dampen a wash cloth. I go over to Rae and start wiping her forehead and neck gently.

"You know, I didn't expect for her to be such a soft spot for all of us." Hannah said walking back into my room with a water bottle, a bottle of juice, some crackers and a thermos of soup.

"I didn't know I could have a soft spot for anyone at all" I whispered, still softly wiping her down.

"It's not really my business but she's my best friend." She paused and looked at me. "Does Tan know? I don't want her to get hurt and have to choose between the 2 of you and then yall have a grudge towards each other because of it."

"Tan knows, we were.. um.. we were talking about it earlier tonight" I said not taking my eyes off of the beauty on my bed.

"How...." She started

"Javi?" Rae spoke

"Im right here my little love" I stroke her cheek with my finger and she leans into my touch.

"I know who's after me"

At the me and Hannah are on full alert, she's already pulling her phone out, no doubt calling Tan or Jax, so they could hear the conversation too.

Tan's pov:

As soon as we hear the door click upstairs, signaling they are gone, I turn towards my tools.

"You know, I rather enjoy playing" I hear Jax speak up, he's a lunatic but only when protecting his family.

Then it fucking hits me. Raegan is family. We have only been together a little over a week but damn she has already won over all of us, including Jax. I can't help but feel pride seeping into my chest.

"Tan, pliers" he says without looking at me. "We are going to enjoy this one a little too much"

I bring the pliers over but instead of handing them to Jax, I instantly grab his hand and pull a finger nail off. I then motion for Jax to pry his mouth open and yank out 2 of his teeth. I grin as I hear him scream.

"Who's coming for my girl?" He doesn't answer. Jax swings and hits him in the eye.

"Who. Is. Coming. For. Her" - Jax says between each between each swing.